DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Date Suggestions

Can not change the poll to reflect dates. I think July 20-21-22 Friday-Sunday are as good as any.
    Looking at a calendar these days looked good.

Thoughts?

I am also wondering what everyone thinks of time slots.

I was thinking something like
    8 AM -12 PM
    10 AM - 2 PM
    12 PM - 4 PM
    2 PM - 6 PM
    4 PM - 8 PM
    6 PM - 10 PM

Not sure how these work out for the other time zones.

Chris
    Last edited by madman; April 9th, 2012 at 02:08.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Sorry Madman, I'm not going on a date with you - no matter how many options you throw out there!

Oh, you're talking about the convention?? Yeah, that looks good - I should be back in Australia then so can help out with games in that timezone...

July and August are REALLY bad months to try and setup a convention. I have a convention every weekend in July and August.

Just found this. There is not as much going on July 20-22.
    Not that I planned it, it is con season!

https://www.upcomingcons.com/

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I don't have a problem with the date of July 20-22, but as far as the time slots go, I don't see any reason for a break from 10pm to 8am. Given the global nature of this con, shouldn't it be running around the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak
    I don't have a problem with the date of July 20-22, but as far as the time slots go, I don't see any reason for a break from 10pm to 8am. Given the global nature of this con, shouldn't it be running around the clock?
    Right - I didn't notice the time slots before. This should definitely be a 24x7 con. If the slots don't fill up that's fine, but with people in GMT +8 to +11 (that I know of), people in GMT and GMT +1 (daylight saving not take into account) and people in GMT -8 then there is no reason why this can't be 24x7 and have slots to cater to that.

These were what I was thinking for the USA timezones. Just a start.

I am just, making suggestions. Please follow suit!

I am not directly organizing this, just making suggestions. And though it would be great if somebody was to be the go to person on this. Not sure if anyone wants to do it though. I am just excited to get things moving and make it happen.

Chris

Madman,

Thanks for your suggestions so far . Setting the date I believe is the first step in getting this convention off the ground. Once a date is set people will be able to commit to either going or not. Setting up an event coordinator is also going to become crucial once people start signing up so that we can cover as much of the time span as possible. Having a variety of different games hosted for players to check out should help as well.
    I would also say from my observations that player interest rises as we get closer to the summer months and then wanes again once fall/winter arrives. So in that regard I think that any date during summer will work.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    These were what I was thinking for the USA timezones. Just a start.

I am just, making suggestions. Please follow suit!

I am not directly organizing this, just making suggestions. And though it would be great if somebody was to be the go to person on this. Not sure if anyone wants to do it though. I am just excited to get things moving and make it happen.

Chris
    Yeah, I hear ya! After I posted I was thinking that trying to organise specific slots across multiple timezones with multiple people would be virtually impossible. I think we'll have to leave it up to the individual GM to decide on when they're going to run a session and for how long.

If approaching the con we have some gaps then perhaps some of "the old hands" may step up to fill in the gap, or it can be advertised "GM needed for 8am GMT Sunday" for example.

I'm also wondering (and I'm not sure how feasible this is) if it is possible to have some generic slots and players sign up for those and then GMs can see when they are needed and offer a game. It would be unfortunate if a keen GM who could run a game anytime, comes up with a couple of slots that people don't sign up to because it's 1 hour too early or something similar.

In the end, this con can be "organised" one of 2 ways - like a usual physical location con, with delegated organisers, slots, etc.. Or, more virtual with the ownership being firmly on the GM (and players) to do what they want to do and when. Either way might work?? Whichever way it goes, we'll need a good booking system...

Thread Information