DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Has anyone successfully used FG for playing Descent: Journeys in the Dark (or one of the expansions)? We're looking to do it, and the main issue is the dice are different. I'm sure it can be adjusted with a custom ruleset, but I'm not really adept at making those. I saw a few mentions of it on the boards, but nothing concrete on how to do it.

So I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Might be quite a big effort, esp. compared to using something like VASSAL or Battlegrounds, which has got higher level support (e.g. less coding effort) for boardgame like constructs.

That said, rulesets are written using a combination of XML files and LUA scripts - one of the easiest ways to get started is to break open the 4E ruleset (it's a zip file in the program files / FGII directory called 4E.pak) and see how it works. It's not too complex if your a programmer already, not sure how accessible it would be otherwise ?

Custom dice are not part of FGII yet (you can grab a regular dice rolls RESULT and push out some custom result, but you'll still SEE a regular D6 etc... roll on the screen beforehand).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    As phantomwhale has correctly stated there is currently no way of overriding the 3D dice models to allow for custom die. You can, as he has correctly stated though, use script logic to output custom result messages to the chat window.

In addition, a community member, ragamer see this thread, discovered a method for spoofing custom die with alternate colouring etc. You can see the results of the approach by taking a look at the Warhammer FRPGv3 ruleset by neilgfoster see this thread, it uses some customised graphics to emulate the custom die for WFRPG.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information