STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    (CONTINUED FROM LAST POST)

20. Combat Tracker

The small icons which used to indicate which CT fields were linked to a PC have been removed They were felt, unnecessary and sometimes interfered with text visibility Deletion of a single NPC from the CT, now needs to be confirmed before deletion takes place Character and NPC AC is now selectable on the host tracker
    This defaults to "General AC" which is highlighted on entry into CT in red if you want to roll against Flatfooted or Touch AC, click down of the appropriate AC label and it will highlight in red indicating that this is the AC all automated rolls will evaluate a hit against.
    NPC's generally only have ""General AC "" listed, and touch AC will automatically be set to 10 and flat footed left blank, but these are adjustable by the GM.
    NPC initiative can be set in the options to roll init on entry into CT, now there is a (copper) button at the bottom of the CT. When clicked NPC init will be rolled again every time the round counter
    advances to a new round (note any NPC with negative hit points will have their init set to zero and is excluded from this roll), anybody with zero init will have their turn skipped in the tracker
    weapon reach/range is taken (for PC's) from the value of the same name of the equipt weapon
    On mouse over a token the player/host will see the area which they are able to reach with their
    attack highlighted in grey.

Token icons can be individually scaled by hovering over them and using control and mousewheel NPC attacks and damage are rolled (like PC character sheet attacks) against those on the NPC's target list, pressing all rolls all attacks and damages at all targets on the target list - good for
    area effect spells, or if all attacks hit and you don't want to roll damage individually
    "PC "equipt Weapons " appear on the Host CT and can make double click attacks and damage
    As well as token click selection, the host has a button to drag onto tokens or CT entries to add
    them to the Target list. As well as a target clear button on each entry. Note this clear button only clears host targets, not those added by players which are separate.
    There is a global show all targeting button at the top and a show targeting button for each CT entry

Effects system has been altered to update on the init value of when the spell was cast and not the caster s turn (which might change every round). This also means the caster may safely be deleted without effecting the effect update
    onalt pressed - area effect damage and attacks, Holding shift dives crit (double damage)

(THE END)
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Very nice, and brutally explicit on what he intended to do! Lots of work!

Rethinking about this yoke
    Last edited by Urieal; March 17th, 2012 at 02:59.

I don't blame you! Although it's important to point out that I *think* that much of the grunt work was done - I think he was wrapping things down to start eliminating bugs in preparation for releasing it. I'm sure there really is a lot of work left to do, but as much as the list makes out.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Oh yeah, he also added as he went the resizable chat window, and Dr. Z's rollable customizable tables... as if this update needed to be more awesome.

Thread Information