5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Just trying to install 2.9 (alpha). I downloaded the test mode manager and ran the file. However, when I click "Test" it won't stay depressed so that I can download the alpha update. It's likely that I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

I found if you go directly into your install directory and run the UpdaterEngine.exe located there its much simpler. Click on the Settings button, then select Test below. Run update.

EDIT (JPG): Removed third party link for DLL files. See following post.

Quote Originally Posted by demadog
    JPG,

Just and update, 2 more players from our Thursday night group had the "MSVCR100.dll is missing" problem. One on XP and a second on Win 7. Both times the x86 redistributable C++ package fixed it. The 4 other players had no issues. All of us loving the improvements. thanks!

Al
    Downloaded and checked with AVAST anti-virus, clean on my end. But I ALWAYS suggest you check with a scan for yourself, don't ever trust anyone that says 'Hey it is clean'.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 9th, 2012 at 20:11.

Here is a link to an MS forum answer which contains links to the official installers for all the MSVC resdistributable files.

MS Link

The next beta update for the updater should remove this dependency.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by KhybersGhost
    I found if you go directly into your install directory and run the UpdaterEngine.exe located there its much simpler. Click on the Settings button, then select Test below. Run update.
    Hmmm... just get "Getting package listing. Done!" Oh well. I'll wait 'til 2.9 goes to full release.

Rolemaster Classic Ruleset Errors with FG v2.9

I've been testing the Rolemaster Classic ruleset with version 2.9 and I've noticed 2 issues so far. One of them is minor but the other one is major.

The minor issue occurs when trying to open a spell list. I was able to track it down to when it is trying to create a windows to fill in the missing levels of the spell list. The error occurs in the onInit function of the spelllist windowlist within the spelllist windowclass of adventure_spelllists.xml. I've been able to validate the error on line 214 of adventure_spelllists.xml. I am pretty sure the error would occur on lines 219, 223 and 227 but I couldn't find any spell lists that were missing level 25, 30 or 50 spells.

The major issue occurs when trying to open the combat tracker. FG crashes before the window loads. I was able to track it down to line 71 of the getSummary function of the combattracker_effects.lua file.

The problems might be from the same root cause but I am unsure why the combat tracker error crashes FG except for possibly the fact that it uses a lot more resources and takes more cycles to fully load the combat tracker.

Did something change in how the windowlist.createWindow function works? I noticed that there was an issue with the windowlist.createWindowWithClass function that occurred with the nWoD ruleset so it might be related to that. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more information.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Moving to beta mode with the update this evening. No more new features (whew!), and working to squash bugs, rework themes and get everything pretty again.

NOTE: Everyone in your group will need to update to use newest beta version or else dice rolls will not work or cause FG to crash.

Changes

• Size differences between client and host chat window caused client rolls to not match host rolls. Fixed.
    • Screenshots not working in multi-monitor configurations. Fixed.
    • Radial menu display not updating when navigating across sub menus. Fixed.
    • Horizontal/Vertical resize arrows incorrectly appearing below/right of window. Fixed.
    • Resize arrows not appearing when window contained an image. Fixed.
    • Module overrides still being applied even if module changed. Fixed.
    • [3.5E/4E] Party sheet
    • [3.5E/4E] Conditional effects (IF and IFT)
    • [3.5E/4E] Snap to grid option can be enabled/disabled on a per image basis.
    • [3.5E/4E] Resize graphic added to lower right corner of windows which can be resized.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, 0-level spells no longer show preparation or casting counts.
    • [3.5E] Added odd and even CL option to effect durations in spells.
    • [3.5E] NPC notes layout adjusted.
    • [3.5E] Titles in formatted notes (items, npcs, tables) changed to black text.
    • [3.5E] School field label added in character spell details.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, alignment field no longer shown in NPC entries.
    • [3.5E] Unable to cast level 0 psionic powers. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Misaligned column in PFRPG Basic Rules module under Skills - Knowledge. Fixed.
    • [4E] Power type icons changed to easier to see B&W symbols.
    • [4E] Note layout adjusted.
    • [4E] Power links in feat descriptions were missing text. Fixed.
    • [4E] Script error when using character mini sheet power list. Fixed.
    • [SW] Library books were not visible. Fixed.
    • [DEV] When changing grid type, token orientation is automatically set to 8 or 12, respectively.
    • [DEV] Added distance tag to ruleset definition (base, diagmult, suffix, pointer(type, mult))
    • [DEV] imagecontrol: Added functions: setGridSnap, getGridSnap; Added tag: defaultsnap
    • [DEV] Image grid snap status undefined until set by imagecontrol with defaultsnap tag or user via radial menu
    • [DEV] Built-in grid snap and vector/pointer measurement support (just remove callbacks, and set distance tags)
    • [DEV] framedef.insideoffset tag added to specify resize arrow offsets for resizable windows.
    • [DEV] scrollbarcontrol.setTarget function added
    • [DEV] windowcontrol.backcolor tag and windowcontrol.setBackColor function added
    • [DEV] windowclass.backcolor tag and windowinstance.setBackColor function added
    • [DEV] windowlist.childframe -> windowlist.child.frame
    • [DEV] windowlist.child.backcolor added
    • [DEV] windowlist.filteron and windowlist.filter tags added
    • [DEV] windowlist.getWindowCount function added
    • [DEV] Removed DB.getIntactRulesetVersion and databasenode.getIntactRulesetVersion
    • [DEV] Add DB.getChildren and DB.getChildCount
    • [DEV] Add textwidget.setColor
    • [DEV] Add windowlist.onGainFocus and windowlist.onLoseFocus events
    • [DEV] Add windowlist.hasFocus and windowlist.setFocus functions
    • [DEV] Changed behavior of color tags. If alpha set to zero (or not set), it will be set to xFF instead.
    • [DEV] Changed initial onListRearranged event for windowlists to occur after all controls in parent window have been initialized.
    • [DEV] windowreferencecontrol incorrectly used window node when activating, even when value set. Fixed.
    • [UPDATER] Removed MSVCR100.dll dependency.
    • [UPDATER] When launched via Start Menu, the updater no longer automatically starts.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 26th, 2012 at 03:46.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    • [DEV] Changed initial onListRearranged event for windowlists to occur after all controls in parent window have been initialized.
    Think this hurt me a few times when rebuilding the SWEX combat tracker to support nested enemies - might see if I can remove some of the LUA-based flags I employed to get around this now ! Nice one.

Some other good DEV stuff in there too (onFocus etc...) - excellent
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

It appears that some portion of the enhanced images add-on is being included in 2.9, but I'm not seeing any additional layers available. Is this intentional? I'm missing the ability to have room objects on a separate layer very badly.

Thread Information