DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Test Release v2.9 (alpha)

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

This is a big release with a huge grab bag of features and bug fixes. So many that I had to bump the version number.

Remember, this is an alpha release, which means that it is almost feature complete. However, you should expect minor to major hiccups, and I wouldn't use it for your live game yet until it's had a couple iterations. Also, it has only been tested to date using the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, so any coverage checking with other rulesets is appreciated.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Also, once you update to this version, you can manage your update settings (test mode, directories, license key) directly via the updater.

Finally, the updater can now accept your web site login to automatically update ruleset/extension purchases. However, I have only configured the updater for Savage Worlds ruleset and the Deadlands GM/Player packages.

NOTE: To return to v2.8.1, you have to run the new FG updater, choose Settings, and select the "Release" mode setting. The TestModeManager will not allow you to change back.

NOTE 2: This test version is available for Unregistered versions, but you will need to have the machine with the unregistered version download the web installer, change the Settings to Test mode, and run the update.

NOTE 3: The current character importer for DDI to 4E does not work with this version of FG. An updated character converter will be located in the FG2 data folder under the utilities subdirectory after the update. The converter version number should be 2.9.0.x.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 7th, 2012 at 06:56.

Features

• Updater updated. Now you can manage license keys, directories and more using the updater. Use your site login to keep ruleset/extension purchases updated.</li>
    • Full version can now be used to demo for a single user.</li>
    • Character Converter utility added</li>
    • Multi-touch support (image pinch zoom, image 2-finger panning, token rotation)</li>
    • Confirmation added for deletion via radial menus by default</li>
    • Chat window state frame flashed if scrolled when receiving message</li>
    • On-screen chat history can be copied to clipboard via radial menu.</li>
    • Portraits for deleted characters removed at end of session</li>
    • Data shared from modules will remain shared on subsequent sessions</li>
    • Resizing main window will recover windows lost off edge of visible tabletop</li>
    • When editing a string field, lists will wait to sort until finished editing</li>
    • Module database override files not created unless changes made. (Only host module type)</li>
    • Improved readability of radial menu tooltips.</li>
    • Token vector handles easier to grab.</li>
    • Improved detection of token edges for token tooltips and selection.</li>
    • Token animation for movement paths more uniform across different size images.</li>
    • Typing in chat entry box remembered when browsing chat history. (similar to Linux chat history)</li>
    • [LAUNCHER] Increased connection history to 10, up from 5.</li>
    • [3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters</li>
    • [3.5E] Traps, haunts and vehicles in the NPCs section</li>
    • [3.5E] Improved item identification</li>
    • [3.5E] NPC spells</li>
    • [3.5E] Campaign tables</li>
    • [3.5E] Scrollbars</li>
    • [3.5E] Movable, resizable chat window</li>
    • [3.5E] Resizable windows can be sized by grabbing window right or bottom edge</li>
    • [3.5E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet</li>
    • [3.5E] Token drops onto CT replace linked token on maps</li>
    • [3.5E] Cleaned up tab order in all sheets</li>
    • [3.5E] Colored dice results (crit = green, effect = purple)</li>
    • [3.5E] Critical attacks automatically apply to next damage roll</li>
    • [3.5E] AC dodge modifier column added to character sheet</li>
    • [3.5E] Separate misc modifier fields for different AC types added to character sheet</li>
    • [3.5E] Module spell links transferred when added to character sheet</li>
    • [3.5E] Effects and modifiers from modules displayed in campaign lists</li>
    • [3.5E] The DMG effect modifier now only applies to physical damage rolls</li>
    • [3.5E] DMGS effect modifier to apply damage bonuses to spell damage rolls</li>
    • [3.5E] Caster level damage/heal option for every odd level rolls (i.e. magic missile) </li>
    • [3.5E] Spell damage roll option to specify damage does not have "spell" type (i.e. bypass DR)</li>
    • [3.5E] Concentration check modifier to spell class fields</li>
    • [3.5E] Hit icon added to critical threat attack results</li>
    • [3.5E] Stabilization check option for NPC stablization rolls</li>
    • [3.5E] Manage Characters mode will ask which system you want to use for viewing characters</li>
    • [4E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters</li>
    • [4E] Improved item identification</li>
    • [4E] Campaign tables</li>
    • [4E] Scrollbars</li>
    • [4E] Movable, resizable chat window</li>
    • [4E] Resizable windows can be sized by grabbing window right or bottom edge</li>
    • [4E] Common modifier keys on campaign modifier sheet</li>
    • [4E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet</li>
    • [4E] Token drops onto CT replace linked token on maps</li>
    • [4E] Cleaned up tab order in all sheets</li>
    • [4E] Colored dice results (max = green, effect = purple, brutal = red, vorpal = blue)</li>
    • [4E] Critical attacks automatically apply to next damage roll</li>
    • [4E] Brutal and vorpal dice totaled inline.</li>
    • [4E] Option to apply effect to action (vs. single roll)</li>
    • [4E] Moved Action Points to Powers list (At-Will Special)</li>
    • [4E] Redordered character tabs to move powers to last tab for easier access</li>
    • [4E] Tokens dragged from upper left character list are larger</li>
    • [4E] Moved item quirks to item properties</li>
    • [4E] Regeneration now stops triggering when creature falls below 1 hit point</li>
    • [4E] Damage types that disable regeneration are shown with autogenerated REGEN effect</li>
    • [4E] Regeneration is disabled for one round when taking any standard damage types listed in effect</li>
    • [4E] Effects can be disabled for their next use using on/skip/off toggle (i.e. regeneration)</li>
    • [DEV] New control added: scrollbarcontrol</li>
    • [DEV] Resize cursor displays at resizable window right and bottom edges when ruleset set to 2.8 or higher compatibility.</li>
    • [DEV] If standard die (d4,d6,d8,d10,d12,d20) not defined, it will not appear on desktop or be accessible at all.</li>
    • [DEV] If standard die defined as customdie, it will not appear on desktop, but will still be accessible.</li>
    • [DEV] Automatic field tabbing support - See windowcontrol description</li>
    • [DEV] Additional console warnings added for control creation failures</li>
    • [DEV] If anchor not specified for invididual anchor points, assume anchor in same position as parent of anchor</li>
    • [DEV] Panels can be overwritten in extensions</li>
    • [DEV] If OnSortCompare not defined, windowlist window</li>
    • [DEV] Added replaces tag to ruleset options to specify one or more rulesets to migrate from</li>
    • [DEV] Added replaces tag to module options to specify one or more modules to migrate from. (Will not work with common data modules not installed on client machines.)</li>
    • [DEV] Console will reset between each ruleset load. The console log file will not be affected.</li>
    • [DEV] Exports and character saves will include release number of ruleset used for export.</li>
    • [DEV] chatwindow
    • Add event: onWheel</li>
    • [DEV] DB</li>
    • Add functions: getRoot</li>
    • Add handlers: onIntegrityChange</li>
    • [DEV] formattedtextcontrol</li>
    • Add functions: setFocus, isReadOnly, setReadOnly, isEditMode, setEditMode</li>
    • [DEV] framedef</li>
    • Add tags: offset</li>
    • [DEV] genericcontrol</li>
    • setIcon changed to accept force flag</li>
    • [DEV] Interface</li>
    • findWindow will find panel windows after checking regular windows</li>
    • [DEV] imagecontrol</li>
    • Add functions: getTokenOrientationCount, getTokenLockState, setTokenLockState</li>
    • [DEV] Module</li>
    • Add handlers: onModuleLoad, onModuleUnload</li>
    • [DEV] panel</li>
    • Add tags: dynamic</li>
    • [DEV] stringcontrol</li>
    • setUnderline moved to textbasecontrol.</li>
    • [DEV] subwindow</li>
    • parentcontrol reference set before contained window onInit called.</li>
    • [DEV] textbasecontrol</li>
    • Add functions: setUnderline, setLine</li>
    • Add tags: lineoffset</li>
    • setUnderline accepts offset parameter.</li>
    • underlineoffset tag accepts default attribute. If set to on, then underline will be on to start.</li>
    • setSelectionPosition with a zero value will clear any selection.</li>
    • [DEV] tokeninstance</li>
    • Add functions: onDragStart, onDrag, onDragEnd</li>
    • [DEV] Token</li>
    • Add functions: onDragStart, onDrag, onDragEnd</li>
    • [DEV] User - </li>
    • setPortrait can accept database nodes</li>
    • Package can be used in local mode</li>
    • [DEV] windowclass</li>
    • Add tags: nomove, noclose</li>
    • [DEV] windowcontrol</li>
    • Add tags: sizelimits, gmvisibleonly, gmeditonly</li>
    • Modified stateframe tag to accept keyedit frame type, and hidereadonly frame option, </li>
    • setStateFrame accepts nobaseframe and hidereadonly parameters</li>
    • [DEV] windowlist</li>
    • Add functions: getColumnWidth</li>
    • Add tags: childframe, createonempty, sortby</li>
    • If onSortCompare not defined or returns nil, FG will sort by window data node name (if window is databound)</li>

Bug Fixes

• Ruleset tokens were not visible sometimes. Fixed.</li>
    • Modules with common data were always visible to players. Now only visible when allowed via module selection.</li>
    • Token animation was proportional to size of image, instead of current view scale. Fixed.</li>
    • Image token scale and orientation count lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
    • Image shortcut pins were not showing tooltips on mouse hover. Fixed.</li>
    • Formatted text and string fields would sometimes scroll incorrectly. Fixed.</li>
    • Footer images for formattedtext fields and window lists were sometimes not displayed. Fixed.</li>
    • Crash sometimes occurred when deleting tokens or adding faction groups to maps. Fixed.</li>
    • Crash sometimes occurred when multiple people editing same string field. Fixed.</li>
    • [LAUNCHER] Wrong extensions loaded when selecting Load Campaign, then Manage Characters. Fixed.</li>
    • [LAUNCHER] Unable to find base.xml message occurs sometimes when clicking on Start button. Fixed.</li>
    • [3.5E] Script error when dropping magic weapon modifier on item entry. Fixed.</li>
    • [3.5E] DMG effect not being applied when creature uses attack with x3 crit multiple. Fixed.</li>
    • [3.5E] Invisible effect not being applied when targeted. Fixed.</li>
    • [3.5E] Encounter pre-placement lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
    • [3.5E] Targeted effect application not working. Fixed.</li>
    • [4E] Skill result drops being ignored if modifiers were specified. Fixed.</li>
    • [4E] Encounter pre-placement lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
    • [4E] Local mode roll window not lined up correctly. Fixed.</li>
    • [DEV] If user specified for User.ringBell which was not online, then bell would ring for all online users. Fixed.</li>
    • [DEV] DB.copyNode not accepting string as first parameter. Fixed.</li>
    • [DEV] Crash occurred when using nested XML comments in ruleset code. Fixed.</li>
    • [DEV] Crash if setReadOnly called on a field with the keyboard focus during onValueChanged event. Fixed.</li>
    • [DEV] DB.getValue did not return default value if node was nil. Fixed.</li>

WOW! You have been, Busy! Feedback on its way.

Chris

Got this updating:

The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
    Along with a Fantasy Grounds has stopped working. It will not run from the .exe without producing the above error.

Re-installing FG!
    So I canceled the update when it started and unchecked the 4E stuff(that's what it was updating when it blew up) and still it will not update?

Tried three times and it will not update.
    Last edited by madman; March 1st, 2012 at 16:38.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

The only info I can find online to that error refers to Windows Vista. What OS are you running on?

Also, the updater exe is called FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe or UpdaterEngine.exe, so I assume this occurs after the updater runs. Can you run the updater separately, and see the new Settings button?

Thanks,
    JPG

I get the same problem running it under vista.

I have run the updater seperatly but it doesn't make any difference.

Intel Q6600 4Gb Vista 32
    Last edited by yondar; March 1st, 2012 at 19:07.

i7 16Gb Vista 64

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

In windows 7 I get 'ProcessFileMatch: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.'

First time I got it while 'updating graphics/buttons/button_blank.png'
    2nd time at 'updating graphics/frames/sheetgroup2.png'
    3rd time at 'updating graphics/buttons/button_roll_down.png'
    4th time it made it all the way through, no errors.

So I have no idea where the issue is, but I hope that info helps you.
    Last edited by unerwünscht; March 1st, 2012 at 19:26.

Just did some research. It looks like the multi-touch support I added requires Windows 7 or newer. I'll have to rewrite the interface to check for existence of multi-touch support before loading library, instead of assuming it exists. It might take a few days, since I am out of town.

Thanks,
    JPG

General
    Resizing main window will recover windows lost off edge of visible tabletop - doesnt look to be working for me.

3rd Party
    nWoD- open combat tracker crashes application
    Tested everything I could think of no other new errors encountered.

All windows open
    I love the Tables Feature
    Tested everything I could think of no errors found.

I have some games scheduled soon. Can unregistered clients patch to the new version? If so I will have my players patch and run games in the new version to see how everything goes under full use.

Thread Information