STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 30 First ... 1927282930 Last

Thread: List of Modules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    As a general rule, is there any benefit to keeping Community modules in service if the corresponding FG-Store-bought module has been purchased?

I'm trying to clean up the clutter, and while I may have started out by using The Most Excellent PFRPG Advanced Race Guide (thank you, J.A. Kerns (?)), or The More Recent Most Excellent PFRPG Advanced Races (Thank you @swbuza), am I gaining anything (apart from a potential for confusion, I suppose) by keeping them after I have purchased the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide from the FG Store?

The answer seems obvious, but I want to be sure there isn't some beneficial aspect I haven't thought of for having the Community version available.

Thanks,

- s.west
    I think they should be kept available on the forums for people that want to use those instead of buying official modules. They can be re-organized or moved to a different sub-list so that people know when a commercial option is available. If you own the official version, you probably won't have any benefit keeping both.

Thanks for the response.

I may have been a little sloppy with my original question.

When I asked,

" ... is there any benefit to keeping Community modules in service if the corresponding FG-Store-bought module has been purchased?"

I certainly didn't mean to imply that once a module has been officially converted and is for Commercial sale, that its Community version should be removed from the Fora. I hope my question didn't come across that way.

Anyway, your last sentence was my answer. If I had just given it a little more thought, I would have realized that really the only complication that arises is when I have included in my own material (Encounters, Story items, whatever) links to items in a Community module. Those links would have to be replaced with links to the corresponding entity in the Commercial module if I am going to drop the Community version.

Sorry... it was a pretty lame question, now that I think on it.

- s.west

Jumping in here to ask:
    Almost all of these modules are for Pathfinder. Is there a list of modules for 3.5? I'm not having much luck finding many. :-/
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eltonjock View Post
    Almost all of these modules are for Pathfinder. Is there a list of modules for 3.5? I'm not having much luck finding many. :-/
    You won't find much, the WotC 3.5E SRD (OGL material that can be shared) is pretty small compared to the Pathfinder OGL material that's available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe
    This module is a spellbook with effects. It is great, can you add it to the list in the first post, under spells category
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...FRPG-Spellbook

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Hi Trenloe
    This module is a spellbook with effects. It is great, can you add it to the list in the first post, under spells category
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...FRPG-Spellbook
    Done! Thanks for putting the module together and sharing with the community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe,
    Could you add these 2 modules to the list in the first post.

PFRPG - Races - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61104-PFRPG-Races
    PFRPG - Feats - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...64-PFRPG-Feats

Hi! I'm having troubles with "PFRPG Complete Paizo Magic Items.mod" in Unity... is there any other version we can use for PFRPG?

Or may be you can teach me how to fix it?

Thanks!

- Edit -

Fixed!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Urheil; September 7th, 2020 at 02:25. Reason: Fixed!

disregard, wrong thread

@swest

Only reason I can think of, is a player created a char with the community Module. Then you would habe to change the links to the new ones from smiteworksstore. At least I think it works this way
    Last edited by Morquendel; November 9th, 2020 at 18:42. Reason: Quote missing

Thread Information