STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 30 First ... 101819202122 ... Last

Thread: List of Modules

The difference between the two is what Callum says in the first post you link. I'll remove the module by Blahness98 as this is no longer needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you.

So... I decided to download some of the files I felt I needed, and I have what amounts to a few .zip files that refuse to change file type, especially when I rename the files in question. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, yes, this is my first post here. I just needed some help with getting the program running right.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Xamusel. This is probably a windows setting. Often windows defaults to not showing you the file extension for common file types like zip.
    In Windows Explorer you want to Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types or tick File Name Extensions in windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    So... I decided to download some of the files I felt I needed, and I have what amounts to a few .zip files that refuse to change file type, especially when I rename the files in question. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, yes, this is my first post here. I just needed some help with getting the program running right.
    First, open the ZIp file - if it contains a .mod file just extract that into your <FG App Data>\modules directory. If it includes .XML files inside the ZIP file then rename the .zip file to .mod. If you're running Windows you may have to enable viewing extensions for known file types, some info here: https://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/s...le-extensions/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the help... I'm getting to fixing it right now.

As a first time user of these modules, I was unsure which modules to get so I just got all of them - which was a mistake.
    I wanted to help other first time users by letting them know my opinion here of what to grab:

Character Classes and Character Races by Nickademus42 - great work and solves some of the FG issues with character creation by providing links that you can drag/drop to your character for Race specific and class specific abilities. And the classes are very complete including Oracle, Ninja, Gunslinger, etc. These files also have the DOMAINS for Clerics, and other races.

Bestiary 2-4 - Love these because the monsters are at base level - which allows you to type in the library search - a monster and click each bestiary until you can find it. Very nice.

PFRPG Paizo Magic Items and Complete Paizo Spell lists are wonderful. I use them over all the others (PFRPG Magic Items, etc) because they have a list for "ALL Magic Items" or "All Spells" allowing me to just bring that list up - type it into search and there it is. The spell list shows even spells for Oracles and other Classes

The Equipment, Feats and Traits are also great for completing a new character but after its created - I never touch them. They seem to be about 90% complete - with a few of the newer feats, equipment, etc missing (all three need an update but for the most part - they are good).

I also grabbed some extras that I will probably not use much but it does complete my library:
    Basic Familiars, Summonable Monsters, etc from Blackfoot -
    Standard Conditions File
    Advanced Races Guide by RTFallen
    The PFRPG Magic Items is more complete than the Paizo Magic Items - so I have it as well but it doesn't contain a "All Magic Items" list which I felt made it harder to use.
    PFRPG Basic Rules and PFRPG Advanced Rules - I don't use because I have it all covered above
    PFRPG Spells I don't use over Nickademus42 files.
    I grabbed the NPC Codex files but haven't used them yet.

So as I said - this is just my opinion but I thought it might help some of the newer users. Dulux has been using them longer so maybe he can jump in with his opinion as well.

Hope this helps

I am going to try to parse a Psionics SRD module ... is the best thing to use par5e with the 3.5 setting checked? Or are there other 3.5 parsers available too?

Quote Originally Posted by sukEEt View Post
    I am going to try to parse a Psionics SRD module ... is the best thing to use par5e with the 3.5 setting checked? Or are there other 3.5 parsers available too?
    I don't think PAR5E is complete to this level. You'll need to do it manually. Reach out to Nickademus as he's done stuff like this recently, to see how he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't think PAR5E is complete to this level. You'll need to do it manually. Reach out to Nickademus as he's done stuff like this recently, to see how he did it.
    thanks for the help as always! i will do that ... if i can manage an OGL version, i'll gladly post it for the rest of the community ...

Thread Information