DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 30 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last

Thread: List of Modules

Trenloe, the ones that download as .xml files do I put those in the "modules folder" or in another folder? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    Trenloe, the ones that download as .xml files do I put those in the "modules folder" or in another folder? Thanks
    The module ZIPs that have db.xml and definition.xml in their root directories are meant to be renamed to .mod (instead of .zip) and stored in the modules directory of FG's data folder.

In other words, a .mod file is simply a .zip renamed with a specific archive content.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    The module ZIPs that have db.xml and definition.xml in their root directories are meant to be renamed to .mod (instead of .zip) and stored in the modules directory of FG's data folder.

In other words, a .mod file is simply a .zip renamed with a specific archive content.
    Is this English? You people know way too much and I know way to little.

So, do I just rename the file .mod?

Can you give an example of a file that downloads as .xml?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    As far as I'm aware none of them directly download as XML files. As the FG forum doesn't allow uploading of attachments with .mod extension modules need to be packaged as .zip - some module developers just change the .mod extension to .zip, others zip the .mod up within a zip file. If the .mod is changed directly to .zip then when you open the ZIP file it will show the module XML files - I believe this is what Trueshots is referring to when he says the modules download as .xml files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    thebookofthedamed1-3 does for sure. its about hale and half for me. but I changed all the .xml to .mod and am getting ready to see if it worked, cross ur fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As far as I'm aware none of them directly download as XML files. As the FG forum doesn't allow uploading of attachments with .mod extension modules need to be packaged as .zip - some module developers just change the .mod extension to .zip, others zip the .mod up within a zip file. If the .mod is changed directly to .zip then when you open the ZIP file it will show the module XML files - I believe this is what Trueshots is referring to when he says the modules download as .xml files.
    Again I'm not sure what all that means, but I just started changing the names around and adding the .mod. i hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    thebookofthedamed1-3 does for sure. its about hale and half for me. but I changed all the .xml to .mod and am getting ready to see if it worked, cross ur fingers
    Don't change .xml to .mod that won't work.

What I was explaining above - you won't be downloading a .xml file directly, you'll be downloading a .zip file - this is true for all downloads in this thread, including the 3 book of the damned. Open the .zip file, if you see within the zipped file a .mod file then just extract that .mod file from the zipped file and put that in your FG \modules folder. If you see XML files when you open the zipped file (in the case of the book of the damned files), exit the zip application and just rename the base .zip file you downloaded to be .mod.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Don't change .xml to .mod that won't work.
    I think I have all them work, or at least 90% of them. i attached a picot on an example of what I get when I download them and they are not .mod files.

New (and awesome) Pathfinder Random Encounter Tables (FG rollable) with encounters and treasure parcels: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...counter-Tables

From page 1 of this thread:

And thanks to others:

Could someone (Trenloe?) please clarify why there are two 'effects' modules above?

1. 'Conditions and Effects' takes one to the 'Effects library' thread to acquire 'effects.zip', a .mod file in disguise (i.e., rename it to 'effects.mod' to use).
    2. '3.5e/Pathfinder Effects: Attachment 4322' is a direct attachment. The attachment is a zipfile containing a single entry, 'Effects.mod'.

The definition.xml files inside those .mods are identical:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.07">
    	<name>3.5 - Pathfinder Effects Library</name>
    	<ruleset>3.5E</ruleset> 
    	<author>ArchAngel</author> 
    </root>
    While the common.xml files are nearly identical; and the differences that do exist are all
    like the following example pairs:

1: <label type="string">Climbing</label> 2: <label type="string">Climbing; GRANTCA</label>
    1: <label type="string">Kneeling</label> 2: <label type="string">Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged</label>
    1: <label type="string">Running</label> 2: <label type="string">Running; GRANTCA</label>
    Then, starting at item id-00033:

<label type="string">Aid; ATK: 1 morale</label>

and for the next 600+ lines (until almost the very end) they are identical. Then there's a bit of discrepancy involving

1: Charge bonus and Charge penalty vs. 2: Charge

Sorry for all the detail, but I wanted you to know I had done my homework.

So, anyway, what's the story?

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. While editing and previewing this post the above 'attachment', i.e. 'Effects.zip' shows up with its name. Then, when I post the thread, it becomes, 'Attachment 4322'. Puzzling to me, but, hopefully, not confusing to you.
    Last edited by swest; February 1st, 2015 at 09:41.

Thread Information