FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Thread: List of Modules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guver View Post
    Hey guys,

Point me in the right direction.
    Is this the post were all the pathfinder modules are uploaded?
    When new pathfinder books are released is there a module developed and uploaded here? Or we have to parse it ourselves?
    Im pretty sure that new books are not allowed to be shared. You need to buy your own copies and parse.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im pretty sure that new books are not allowed to be shared. You need to buy your own copies and parse.
    It depends on the material. If it is a scenario, then the only OGL material that may be distributed is the NPC/Trap statblocks. Campaign/Player Companion books are similar - only OGL stuff (feats, spells, etc.) can be distributed.

But, the main hardback rulebooks are essentially 100% OGL (not the product identity stuff in the Inner Sea Campaign Guide) - and the contents of these can be distributed for free. These are all included in the PRD: https://paizo.com/prd/
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 18th, 2014 at 23:01.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I mean OGL stuff that comes in a new book, like feats for ex. They are part of the pf srd so can these be put into fantasy grounds and shared?

I mean OGL stuff that comes in a new book, like feats for ex. They are part of the pf srd so can these be put into fantasy grounds and shared?
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there anything you are looking for in particular?

Whereas new feats, etc. would be quite nice - Fantasy Grounds isn't really a character generation application. Yes, it stores all your character data, but it can import characters from Hero Lab and PCGen. Having modules covering all of the feats, etc. may have limited value - YMMV depending on what you're looking for. I usually find it is just as easy to copy/paste the feat text into a new blank feat entry on the character sheet.

Some of the modules Nickademus has put together for commonly used race and class abilties/feats are useful as these are often used:

Race Module.
    Character Class Module.

See how these work for you...

Most of the SRD content is already parsed and available as a module. Look here for the PFSRD Complete Paizo * modules as well as the Feats, traits, equipment and Effects from the second post. And there are the race & class modules of course,

Some of the new books might not be available yet, but someone will get around to them. Remember, anything from the Pathfinder Chronicles, Companion, or Campaign Setting can not be put into a distributed module due to not being covered under OGL. There are generic versions of this content on the SRD but it may not have been parsed into the compilations.

As Trenloe asked, anything specific?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Remember, anything from the Pathfinder Chronicles, Companion, or Campaign Setting can not be put into a distributed module due to not being covered under OGL.
    To be clear here - 99% of Paizo material produced is released under the Open Gaming License (OGL) - this includes the Pathfinder Chronicles, Player Companion and Campaign Settings books. These books contain a copy of the OGL and usually a statement on main page about product identity and open content.

Open content from these books can be distributed - just like open content from other Paizo products.

The thing to be careful of is what is product identity which cannot be used in distributed content (exception - see the link to the Paizo community use policy below) - which is usually the non-game mechanics and all names (places, deities, characters, etc.), storyline, artwork...

This is taken from a recent Campaign Setting book:

Product Identity: The following items are hereby identified as Product Identity, as defined in the Open Game License version 1.0a, Section 1(e), and are not Open Content: All trademarks, registered trademarks, proper names (characters, deities, etc.), dialogue, plots, storylines, locations, characters, artwork, and trade dress. (Elements that have previously been designated as Open Game Content or are in the public domain are not included in this declaration.)

Open Content: Except for material designated as Product Identity (see above), the game mechanics of this Paizo Publishing game product are Open Game Content, as defined in the Open Gaming License version 1.0a Section 1(d). No portion of this work other than the material designated as Open Game Content may be reproduced in any form without written permission.
    If you adhere to the Paizo community use policy you can also include some limited product identity information: https://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse

Yep, I've scanned the PF Pawns as well as many Item, Face, and Plottwist cards but can't distribute them since they are all artwork. I think about the only thing that hasn't been converted over yet is traps and hazards for allowable content.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by bnason View Post
    Two new mods:

1) Advanced Player Guide & Adventurer's Armory: All feats, classes, basic equipment and gear. Only materials not in this mod from the sourcebooks are magic items (with the new equipment book due out from Paizo soon, no real point).
    Forum link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16633

2) Paizo Fumble / Critical Decks: 416 fumble and critical effect to add flavor to your game!
    Forum link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16642
    Note that these from post #12 are missing in the master index entries on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Note that these from post #12 are missing in the master index entries on the first page.
    Thanks for the heads up, these are now added to post #3.

Thread Information