STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 30 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last

Thread: List of Modules

I've downloaded them. First thank you for your hard work. I currently have them as zip files, and when I click on them it makes them into a movie clip. Which I can not view. If you could help me out by giving me some directions, and also which folder to put them in FG would be great.

Blog Entries
    Hey Thorun - for those that are ZIP files extract the MOD files.
    In explorer address bar or in the windows search feature or in the windows run feature type: %appdata% and press enter. double click the Fantasy Grounds or Fantasy Grounds II folder and then modules. Stick them in there. You then need to Activate them from within Fantasy Grounds as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    In explorer address bar or in the windows search feature or in the windows run feature type: %appdata% and press enter. double click the Fantasy Grounds or Fantasy Grounds II folder and then modules. Stick them in there. You then need to Activate them from within Fantasy Grounds as normal.
    Do *NOT* put them in the Fantasy Grounds II directory, this is no longer valid.

Your best way to get to the right directory is:
    1. Open Fantasy Grounds. On the first screen click the "Open data folder" icon in the top right (above the 3.0.8 version number).
    2. This opens Windows Explorer at the FG app data folder. Go into the modules directory.
    3. Copy your .MOD files into this directory. Note: the .MOD files will be tagged as video files in Windows (this is just because windows sees .MOD as an old video/audio file format) but if you try to open them they won't play, as they aren't video files they are Fantasy Grounds data modules.

You will then be able to activate these modules within Fantasy Grounds (for the ruleset they are designed for) - see this Wiki entry on module activation: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do *NOT* put them in the Fantasy Grounds II directory, this is no longer valid.
    that depends entirely on when you installed the product....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    that depends entirely on when you installed the product....
    Correct. But it can also exist if you installed recently but then installed an older product so it can be confusing as you might have 2 different directories. The sure way is to use the App Data Folder button from the startup screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Correct. But it can also exist if you installed recently but then installed an older product so it can be confusing as you might have 2 different directories. The sure way is to use the App Data Folder button from the startup screen.
    True. It is so much better a way.... but I always forget about it...

I worked it out with your help. Again, things like this help a new FG player / DM with saving a lot of time. I will get alot of use out of it. Thank you very much.

Blog Entries
    If you were the creator of any of these modules and you would like for them to be included in the core installation of Fantasy Grounds, please send a short email with a name of the mod file from this thread and your permission to [email protected].

We can probably save people the time to download and manually install by simply including a set of common data modules that contain only OGL material. Thanks.

Can I use these files on a Mac? or is there somewhere else I need to go to get them? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    Can I use these files on a Mac? or is there somewhere else I need to go to get them? Thanks
    Yes you can. There is no difference in format between FG MAC and PC files as far as modules, extensions, etc. go.

Thread Information