STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Yeah the Bleeding effect is the damage per round effect. The number is the amount of hits per round.

Hey Dakadin,
    I'm making a subdual crit table and before I go much further, have a question. For the sake of speed, can I put all of the crit variables under each entry and leave the values empty, then fill in what is needed and leave empty what is not?
    For example.

If the crit calls for stun 3 rounds, +2 hits

<Hits type="number">2</Hits>
    <MustParry type="number"></MustParry>
    <Stun type="number">3</Stun>
    <ParryPenalty type="number"></ParryPenalty>
    <NoParry type="number"></NoParry>
    <Penalty type="number"></Penalty>
    <PenaltyRounds type="number"></PenaltyRounds>
    <Bleeding type="number"></Bleeding>

I was thinking this way I could paste the whole thing to each critical result section rapidly, then just fill in what is required. Or would that bloat the code?

Hi Mansquatch62,

You can do that to make it easier but I would remove the blanks afterwards. The extra entries will use more memory and take longer to process. Plus I am not sure how the ruleset will handle the blank values since I haven't tested it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Has anyone made or know of any crit tables that can be downloaded or purchased? I doubt my "coding" skills would produce anything useful in the next 20 years....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRPG View Post
    Has anyone made or know of any crit tables that can be downloaded or purchased? I doubt my "coding" skills would produce anything useful in the next 20 years....
    Mike,

I made one (Disruption critical table) by simply using a good XML/notepad editor (I use Notepad++) and following the great instructions and advice from Dakadin. Took some copying and pasting, and made lots of "typo" type errors that caused errors when loading into FGU, but it isn't hard, just very time consuming.

Thanks Mike,

It's the time bit that worries me! But good to know the concept is simple at least.

On a related note, same question to the forum about building new attack tables? Can these be built and added in? Appreciate there may be another post on this which I haven't looked for yet :-)

I don't have anything specific in mind I'm looking for, just a general interest in rebuilding the old RM2 Companion volumes over time. Plus, I'm using simple black powder weapons in my game (which I emulate with the crossbow attack tables, change the ranges and reload times, and add an additional impact crit and OB bonus. Works pretty well)

Thanks all

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Attack tables are definitely possible - I'd say that they're more straightforward than critical tables since you don't have to worry about implementing the effects. I've successfully set some of my own up, but there will be a far better way to do them than what I currently do, but it works for me (I use a rather convoluted way using Excel, which just inserts the relevant values into a copy of the XML, which I can then copy and paste into the module - it was a pain in the backside to set up initially but it works well enough so I can't be bothered to change). I suspect that it should be reasonably easy for someone who knows what they're doing to create a script that'll put them together from a table.

Regarding critical tables, you could try looking at the Python script that Strubbel set up - linked on this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Tables/page2 Depends how technically minded you are, but basically you need to install Python, tweak a couple of values in the code (like the filename of the csv file that has the raw data) then run the script from the same folder as the csv file. It populates a lot of the effects (bleeding, additional hits, stun etc.) though isn't perfect - it'll certainly get you most of the way there though.

I'm sure there are enough people on here who can give you some pointers for sorting out either.

For what it's worth, the question about whether we could legally share critical and attack tables was recently asked on the ICE Discord, but I don't think we got an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRPG View Post
    Thanks Mike,

It's the time bit that worries me! But good to know the concept is simple at least.

On a related note, same question to the forum about building new attack tables? Can these be built and added in? Appreciate there may be another post on this which I haven't looked for yet :-)

I don't have anything specific in mind I'm looking for, just a general interest in rebuilding the old RM2 Companion volumes over time. Plus, I'm using simple black powder weapons in my game (which I emulate with the crossbow attack tables, change the ranges and reload times, and add an additional impact crit and OB bonus. Works pretty well)

Thanks all
    Hi MikeRPG,

Yes, attack, critical and fumble tables can all be added to the ruleset but it is getting it into the right format in XML. I do recommend adding a critical table that you want first to see what it entails. It isn't really complicated but does take time. The important thing is to make sure things are in the right format. You can use Notepad++ with the XML Tools plugin and it will let you know if there is anything out of place when you save it. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Thanks everyone, very grateful for your comments. I'll give it a spin when I have a little time to dabble.

Great to hear this is intended to be within reach, anyway.

Hi, I am trying to add a custom module with an Acid Critical table. I downloaded the RMCExample, changed a few things and zipped the files up and renamed to .mod. I put the file in my \appdata\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\modules\ folder but it is not picking it up when I launch FG and go to "Modules". Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thread Information