DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    You can't use 2 character abbreviations for the critical types because of the way the tables are being parsed by the ruleset.

You can reuse the same letter in different attack tables so S can be stun in one table and it can be slash in another table. It will use the <critical> section of the attack table to figure out which critical table to actually use.

And yes you are right that you can't use the same letter for different critical types within the same attack table.

OK Guys, this all sounds so good. Are any of you for hire? Can we organise a Spacemaster RMC Official Ruleset if ICE allows? Ballpark cost?
    Andrew

I think ICE will allow it but we would need a mostly completed ruleset and some sample modules that could be used to demo it to them. I am working on the RMC CoreRPG conversion but that is going to take awhile because it is a lot of work and I can only work on it in my spare time.

Hello !
    Sorry to bother but i'm a little lost.
    I tried to make my own tables. However when I zip it and then change it in a .mod file FG doesn't recognize it. (It doesn't appear in the module selection once in the RMC campaign).
    I guess I'm unpacking/zipping/renaming it it not properly because the "vanilla" RMC example.zip that Dakadin uploaded work fine if I just rename it as a .mod.
    But as soon I unzip it to modify it. It stop appearing once repacked in the module list.
    Is there a special protocol to follow to repack rename those file ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yapadekoi View Post
    Hello !
    Sorry to bother but i'm a little lost.
    I tried to make my own tables. However when I zip it and then change it in a .mod file FG doesn't recognize it. (It doesn't appear in the module selection once in the RMC campaign).
    I guess I'm unpacking/zipping/renaming it it not properly because the "vanilla" RMC example.zip that Dakadin uploaded work fine if I just rename it as a .mod.
    But as soon I unzip it to modify it. It stop appearing once repacked in the module list.
    Is there a special protocol to follow to repack rename those file ?
    Welcome to the forums!

Make sure you ZIP from within the directory structure - so you have the XML files etc. at the lowest level. Don't ZIP from outside the directory.

Also make sure you use ZIP compression, not RAR, tar or anything else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you ! That was the little trick I missed !
    I made the RMU Slash Pierce and Krush table and continuing. I was so fed up of those old chart.

I was really hoping that adding critical damage tables (even just the ones from the variant rules) was going to be easy. I was so so wrong. That said, I'm hopeful that this guide is going to make the difference. Even if it doesn't work for me (or takes me until I give up and bang my head on the keyboard)... Dakadin thank you for this!!

If you have any issues just post them here so we can help you with them.

So last week I discovered they have this thing called Fantasy Games.. a week later, my first mod, a new critical table, all conceived and added in under a day thanks to the quality notes and process, thanks Dakadin, worked a treat, was worried about the 'Únity' bit and the age of the post but looks a treat... onto the next...

Hi MVM,

For RolemasterClassic v1.8, the <Tables> tags will continue to work. But for RolemasterClassic v2+ (in the test channel), the <Tables> tags will need to be changed to <RMTables>. It should only be two lines that need to be changed. This section should change from this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.0" RMCVersion="0.35">
        <Tables static="true">

[TABLES GO HERE]

</Tables>
    </root>
    to this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.0" RMCVersion="0.35">
        <RMTables static="true">

[TABLES GO HERE]

</RMTables>
    </root>
    I changed it so that the Rolemaster tables won't get mixed in with the CoreRPG tables which will cause errors in the ruleset. With the changes in v2+, you won't get errors but your tables won't show up in the table list until they are changed to the <RMTables> tag. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Thread Information