Starfinder Playlist

Free maps and a question

I've been using vtts for a while. My personal poison of choice is maptool, but the content I've created for maptool can be just as easily used in Fantasy Grounds. Here's some maps I created that are distributed free for use:
    Four Free Maps

Here's some previews so you know what it is you're downloading:

Attachment 2249
    Attachment 2250

These are a few year's old now and I've been creating maps for sale - specifically for use with vtts for a while now. Would it be appropriate for me to post links to new products in this forum? Would there be interest? For an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about, here's a post on my blog about this month's pirate ship map pack.

Blog Entries
    I for one have been a long time fan of yours Torstan and would welcome your artwork into the FGII community. I have always been fond of hand drawn map styles and I admit to having used both yours and Mr Schley's impressions as a source of inspiration for my own creations.

I love the pirate ship map pack (beautifully drawn by the way) and will certainly look to purchase this for my own games. I also really like the City of Redwall map, again very beautiful, I particularly like the soft palette of colours in use.

As for promoting your products here at the FGII forums, have you considered approaching Smiteworks with the possibility of offering yur products through the FGII store. I would certainly recommend dropping a note to the Smiteworks team, I am sure they would be receptive to your contributions.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the packs. I'll send an email to the guys at Smiteworks and see if there's an appropriate forum for it, or whether it would be a set on the store, like 0one or Expeditious Retreat.

Um...wow!!! Beautiful work, Torstan! Thanks for the free look and I look forward to being able to buy more!

Cheers!
    GMK

Quote Originally Posted by gmkieran
    Um...wow!!! Beautiful work, Torstan! Thanks for the free look and I look forward to being able to buy more!
    You can do so already - google his userID with the word "map" and follow the links. I too am a fan of his. I haven't yet had an occasion to use his work in my current Middle-Earth game, but I definitely will as soon as it makes sense.

Only the big man himself can give you an answer.

I'd think that since this is also, to some extent a competing web site, you should be careful.

Since you posted to the open board, my thought is you're best to put a link in your signature to a separate show case of your, if I may say, wonderful work.

Come talk about maps or games over here and every post might lead people back to you.

Sigurd.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Thread Information