5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Module Issues

Module Issues

I created my own module which works fine when I try on my own computer. But when people connect to my game they are unable to use the module. They see it in the module tab, but it has a web on it and they cannot open it. I have also tried to have them download the module and manually place in the module folder and still it does not work.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any help would be great

Thanks

It is more than likely that the module was exported as host data (the "H" selected during exporting) - this is the default setting. You can either re-export as common shared data "S" or manually modify the module file you already have - open the .mod file (it is in zip format), rename db.xml to common.xml, re-zip your mod file. Do a search of the forum for full details on how to do this.

If creating a common (shared) module doesn't work, please reply with a few pieces of info:
    1. what ruleset are you using?
    2. What items are you trying to share to your players in a module? Story, images, etc...
    3. What did you export your module items as: Host, Shared or client data (in the .mod file the files are: db.xml, common.xml and client.xml respectively)

Blog Entries
    Make sure you have given permission for clients to activate the module by dragging a green tick icon to the module access field in the module activation window.

See Module Permissions in the following library link

Also make sure the module type is Client and ensure each player has a copy of the module installed to their modules folder. If the module you have created is Common, the module will be transferred *in game* and may take some time before it is available to clients. If the module is Host, only the DM can access the module.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks that information allowed me to fix the issue.

It was I had to change the name of my client.xml --> common.xml

To be honest if it wasnt for the link dont think I would still have hair from trying to figure it out...lol

Thread Information