FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Extend RMC

Looking forward to testing this out next game session on the 5th. Great work.

Dakadin

Well did not wait I went to test it but I am running into a stumbling block with my FRP extension, we have both made modifications to the cha_listclasses_abilitywindow class.

I had to for various heading and math changes and you needed it for your RR.

Can

A) I incorporate these changes into FRP module

B) get you to make a FRP extension which incorporates my changes.

Happy to provide you the FRP to show what I mean. Please let me know, as I really with to include your tow and RR ability into my FRP extension.

Hi Ardem,

I separated the window classes in the charsheet_listclasses.xml file into separate files for each class that I extended. That way it would be easier for people to overwrite the changes. I am fine with you making the changes I made to the abilitywindow and rrwindow classes and incorporate them into your extension.

I am pretty sure they implemented extension load order as an option in Fantasy Grounds version 2.8. This might be an option to help also after making the changes.

Here are the changes I think I made to the two classes. I added a generic control for the ghost dice. I added onDoubleClick and onDrag functions in a few different places. I also added the functions that are called by those two functions. Those should be all the changes I made to those two classes.

I can't think of any reason to change those window classes in the future so you should be safe once you incorporate them.

If you added the entire charsheet_listclasses.xml, then you will also have issues with the chat window class. I needed to use the chat_chat.lua and chatmanager.lua files for the dice tower and import/export characters functionality.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help you get your FRP extension working with these changes.

Dice Tower

In my game last night, we used the Dice Tower for the first time. Party encountered an overly friendly merchant at a wooded crossroad, far from any major town. The ranger was suspicious and scouted around while the others were chatting with the merchant.

I had the perception and tracking rolls made in the Dice Tower. He rolled low, not spotting the ambush awaiting the party. As I expected, having no reference to whether he rolled high or low increased the anxiety and tension of the scene. The "surprise effect" of the ambush was more felt by the players...

Thanks Dakadin for making our game last night better!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the feedback. I originally started making changes to the RMC ruleset so that it could be used to run RMSS but I stopped because I wanted to see how other rulesets worked that were more up to date. Part of the reason I started making changes to the RMC ruleset again was the activity level on the RMC forum increased so it got me interested in working on a few things I was planning on doing. In fact I think you were the first one to get me working on it again .

BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. It will require the GM to decide when to use them but it is pretty easy to resolve them. I have it working pretty well. I am just trying to get secondary criticals working at this point. I am pretty close but it might cause performance issues because of the way the tables are generated. If so I will remove it and just release it with the large/super-large criticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. It will require the GM to decide when to use them but it is pretty easy to resolve them. I have it working pretty well. I am just trying to get secondary criticals working at this point. I am pretty close but it might cause performance issues because of the way the tables are generated. If so I will remove it and just release it with the large/super-large criticals.
    Brilliant!!!

In fact I think you were the first one to get me working on it again .
    I'm glad to have inspired you to improve the RMC ruleset! It's the fun part of having a community - it's contagious.

BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. I have it working pretty well.
    Cool! I'll be putting it to good use. My players are very near the Trollshaws, on their way to Rivendell. They'll soon be encountering their first troll, with Dakadin's new Large Crits tables.

My players got to use a few of your mods last night. The merchant duped them into drinking a drugged broth - there goes a RR from the main character sheet - and some of them had to roll against one of their stat later on. They're enjoying and commented on your improvements last night.

v1.2

There is a new version of Extend RMC which adds 4 new items.

Natural 100 attack rolls on the Lightning Bolt table could result in critical severities above the standard E critical. F, G, H, and I were handled properly but J criticals weren't showing any criticals. The issue is caused because the underlying table isn't setup properly for the J criticals. I added a fix which resolves this issue.

Large and Super-Large criticals are now selectable when resolving an attack result. When you right click an attack result with a critical, new options show up for Large and Super-Large criticals. Each of these options has sub-options for Normal (Arms), Mithril (Arms), Magic (Arms), Holy Arm (Arms), Slaying (Arms), Normal (Spells) and Slaying (Spells). They show up as options regardless of the critical result and it doesn't take into account the B-E severity range for Large and D-E severity range for Super-Large criticals. This was intentionally done this way to provide more flexiblity. The selecting on the options for these criticals is a manual process that the GM will need to handle according to the rules. The critical tables will load with the appropriate column highlighted like any other critical table.

Extra fields were added to the combat attacks that allow the ability to apply additional criticals to those attacks. You can set up to 2 different additional criticals per attack since when I checked in Creatures and Treasures that is the most additional criticals for any one item. There are fields for the Critical Table and Level Diff. The Critical Table fields will hold the table that will be used to determine the additional criticals (sorry I've been referring to them as secondary criticals up until this point but the rules used additional criticals). The Level Diff fields allow you to modify the base severity level for the critical. This allows weapons such as the Adamantine Flail which does an additional Impact critical 1 severity level less than the normal critical (i.e., put -1 in the Level Diff field and Impact in the Critical Table). The new fields will be copied to the combat tracker when the character is copied. The Additional Criticals options will only show up when a normal critical results from the attack. The critical tables will load with the appropriate column highlighted like any other critical table unless the result would be less than an A critical. If the result is less than an A critical the critical table won't change and the GM will receive a message. I tried to make it so it only showed up when appropriate but a couple quirks in the way the radial menus work with the tables was giving me issues with my first approach. I change to a different algorithm after 2 days of fighting with it.

You can now drag all table types from the Table Manager, instead of just attack tables. This allows you to drag and drop tables to the new Add Critical #1 and #2 fields for the weapon attacks and to the Table Results. There aren't any checks to prevent you from pulling the wrong type of table to the additional critical and attack tables of the weapon attacks.

With the new Additional Criticals, I will need to show NEPHiLiX how to create the critical tables sooner instead of later.

This change was actually much more extensive than the last couple (even the Dice Tower) so I hope you have a good time with it.

And Lachancery, thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I've been reading them to my wife .
    Last edited by Dakadin; January 27th, 2012 at 03:26.

Ardem, were you able to get this integrated with your FRP extension? If you send me your version of those 2 files, I will make the changes and send them back to you.

Fantastic work Dakadin, this will make combat so much smoother!!

Thread Information