DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to revive an old thread.

Real life had forced me away from Fg2 for over a year. I ran a game last night for the first time in a while - first time with SW 3.2.

Thanks to all who worked on it. Everything ran so smoothly. I love it! You guys are awesome!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

M'pleasure
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Hi All,

A quick question r.e. the Savage World Deluxe ruleset, in development. Will this be an add-on to the existing Savage Worlds ruleset, or will it be a stand alone.

I'm waiting with eager anticipation to buy it, and am wondering if I should get the existing ruleset first.

Cheers
    Chris

It's written as an add-on currently, and that will certainly be how it's originally sold.

As for a future stand alone offering, I'm not sure; SWD doesn't so much replace SWEX as "enhance" it e.g. it's not as clear cut as the last SW update which totally changed some rules like damage.

Even if a stand alone ruleset was made, it would be no more than the existing SWEX ruleset with the SWD books added into it and the new chase tool integrated into it. E.g. it would be no different to someone who bought the two separately.

But this is speculation, in part, as I'm just acting as third-party developer for Smiteworks in writing these rulesets and extensions. Selling them and ensuring Pinnacle are content with the arrangement is really there area.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks PhantomWhale.

Now to go visit the virtual shop

Cheers
    Chris

Thread Information