5E Character Create Playlist

dark sun terrain maps

Does anyone know where i can get some overhead desert terrain..ruins and so on maps i can use ...like the ones in this game?

I don't know if it will work for you, but you may be able to put your own together using Pyro's amazing mapping tool - link here.

Under "Nature" -> "Ground, floor and roof" there are some sand tiles under Grass and Grass2. Then you can build up ruins, etc on top of that...

As an example, here's something I put together in literally 5 minutes.

Attachment 2167

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrem
    Does anyone know where i can get some overhead desert terrain..ruins and so on maps i can use ...like the ones in this game?

How i love those games...sniff sniff...why don´t they make some more...they forsaken Dark Sun...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Its cause Wizards of the coast turned d & d into a pure board game and no longer an rpg. Its all bout mini moving now. I myself tried a 4th edition game a few months back...hated it and wont play again. I just use my 3.5 i still got...same for my friends.

They rehashed the darksun world...but its almost nothing like it was when it was first made.

Truly saddens me

You´re right friend the only thing good is that you can play this new stuff like the old ones eh eh just make your own Dark Sun game i know its not the same thing but with a little imagination and some time you can convert most of the adventures or use them on your campaigns
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrem

Sure, try the vaults of pandius web site. Click on Atlas. You're looking at HQ user-submitted maps of the "Known World" of Mystara. Try the Emirates of Ylaruam. If you're looking for a blank canvass so to speak, the maps may not be of much help. However, the Ylaruam maps by Thorffin Tait [sp?] do show nice desert terrain with ruins, keeps, castles, trails, roads, etc...

P.S. Hi Blue Haven!!

Or see if you can find Wake of the Ravager and The Genies Curse and take screenshots. They are top-down games with a LOT of such imagery. Heck Wake of the Ravager is actually a Dark Sun game.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthebuilder
    Sure, try the vaults of pandius web site. Click on Atlas. You're looking at HQ user-submitted maps of the "Known World" of Mystara. Try the Emirates of Ylaruam. If you're looking for a blank canvass so to speak, the maps may not be of much help. However, the Ylaruam maps by Thorffin Tait [sp?] do show nice desert terrain with ruins, keeps, castles, trails, roads, etc...

P.S. Hi Blue Haven!!
    Sorry Bro i didn't saw your words the first time ;P
    Big Hugs

Thread Information