STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dB88 View Post
    Do we have an approximate date on when we can see an updated The Character Converter?

I haven't had much luck with the old converter... maybe I should run through the tutorial again.
    Welcome to the forums dB88

What issues are you having?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I haven't been able to find my converted characters within the Character Import function of FG.
    I've tried both importing characters from within & outside of a campaign.
    Maybe it's a lack of understanding the fundamentals of where FG pulls the files it uses.

If the tutorial posted by FGTalen on youtube in 2011 is still viable then I'll run through that again.

EDIT: Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited to dive deeper into the world of FG!
    Last edited by dB88; May 23rd, 2017 at 23:25.

What options are you selecting for the import? If you select "Campaign" and then check one (or more) of your GM campaigns on that computer, then load up that campaign (Load Campaign) and the PC will be available in the Character Selection screen - no additional importing to do.

Please provide a screenshot of the character converter immediately after doing a conversion.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've got some weirdness going on when converting from Hero Lab to Fantasy Grounds.

One of my players has a (Pathfinder) Cleric (Fiendish Vessel Archetype). When she exports the HLFG file, I can see that she has an ability called "Hell's Corrpution" and she has spells prepared. However, when the character is imported into FG, it's missing all of those things. I exported it to an XML file in the Converter, and it does indeed get stripped out.

Is this a bug, or are we doing something wrong?

I've uploaded both the HLFG and the XML conversion, in case it's helpful. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arf8jnutz6i-iZVUs7xwXFEPRWHiZw

Thank you.

Welcome to the FG forums and Community!

Spells don't import well from Herolab or PCGen AFAIK.

There's a new version in the beta channel that checks for memorized spells, not just spell book or spells known. Hero Lab changed the way the spells are added in the last year or so.

To use the beta version, you can switch to Test mode in your Settings, and then Update again.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi, and thank you. I did change to test mode, and it downloaded a new EXE (however inside the application the version number is still 3.3.0A), but it still does not import spells. Is there another way I should be grabbing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What options are you selecting for the import? If you select "Campaign" and then check one (or more) of your GM campaigns on that computer, then load up that campaign (Load Campaign) and the PC will be available in the Character Selection screen - no additional importing to do.

Please provide a screenshot of the character converter immediately after doing a conversion.
    Hi Trenloe,

this is an error I keep getting:

character converter error.PNG

this file was made in Herolab, saved as a fantasy grounds file, and then when I try to convert it with the utility, it keeps giving me this parsing error. Is there anything you can see that I'm doing wrong?

Can you please post your HLFG file that you got when you exported from Hero Lab for that character?

Regards,
    JPG

Hi Moon Wizard,

I have changed the extension to xsl, as the forum here doesn't allow attaching *.hlfg files. You may need to change the extension back, I'm not sure.

Thanks for helping!

Michael.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information