DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Welcome to FG and the community!
    I think you can do it with the demo, although I'd recommend PCGen if you are short on cash.
    Ty try PCgen

Is the import from Herolab better than from PCGEN? I cant test it because the demo dont let you export. Do you have to check and adjust a lot of stuff when you import - like PCGEN? Because "Prep Less. Play More." is a slogan i really like ;D

I know its a bit offtopic, but i think its a good place here I hope someone can answer my question.

Just bought Hero Lab and imported a character into my campaign in Fantasy Grounds. Only had a minor issue with Fantasy Grounds Character Converter utility using an old .NET Framework. I haven't tried PCGen, so I can't help you on that one.

Import from HL is better than PCGEN ? yes but you need to buy Hero Lab if you want exploit all functions ... after Hero Lab is up to date because they work directly with Paizo and PCGEN use SRD books only.

I'm using HL all time on VTT for import or create PC/NPC/ Encounters etc ... or RPG with my friends bcz u can use HL directly on an Ipad

This is somewhat incorrect, PCGen is using the Community Use Policy which lets us use everything they produce, including IP names etc. We have essentially the same thing as HL, but since it's all volunteer driven the project the books made are kind of haphazard as to what gets put out.

Hello,

With the new version of FG (3.3.0) :

New characters imported from Hero Lab missing feats, class abilities, proficiencies, skill descriptions, etc...

Inventory still seems to populate correctly with item descriptions.

Can you fix this problem plz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    Hello,

With the new version of FG (3.3.0) :

New characters imported from Hero Lab missing feats, class abilities, proficiencies, skill descriptions, etc...

Inventory still seems to populate correctly with item descriptions.

Can you fix this problem plz ?
    Already reported and MW has replied in the v3.3 issues thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post332459

Please try to keep reports regarding issues in v3.3 to that thread. Posting in many different places won't get you a faster resolution and just creates noise on the forums. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Already reported and MW has replied in the v3.3 issues thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post332459

Please try to keep reports regarding issues in v3.3 to that thread. Posting in many different places won't get you a faster resolution and just creates noise on the forums. Thanks.
    Ok sorry I don't see the answer (Lol stop to follow me ! )

No worries. The Character Converter utility has not been updated to use the new data fields yet. I'll need to look at the utility and update it.

Regards,
    JGP

Do we have an approximate date on when we can see an updated The Character Converter?

I haven't had much luck with the old converter... maybe I should run through the tutorial again.
    Any tips or tricks?

Thread Information