Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. #1

    Herolab to FG PC Import Tutorial

    Here is a video tutorial on how to take your Herolabs character and import it into Fantasy Grounds. It's very easy and probably didnt need a video, but I like playng with new toys

    Herolabs to FG Character Import:


  2. #2
    Thanks Talen. I've stickied this thread.

  3. #3
    Looks like with the recent character importer update Ill need to update the video. You no longer need to change the .hlfg extension to .xml...in fact it will no longer work if you try it. In essence that step is now removed and you can go straight to import without having to rename the file.

    Play Adventurers League games on Fantasy Grounds Here!

  4. #4
    Hey. I'm using Hero Lab & import for the first time tonight, and watched your video. I have an issue that didn't show up in the video: all my skill ranks are empty - they don't get imported. Anyone else has this issues?

    In the video, I also noticed the same few issues that I was having as well, so I'll post them here to see if someone has figured it out:

    - Armor imported twice: your studded leather was imported twice; I have the same issue.

    - Sneak Attack: you mentioned it in the video, but it's not imported.

    - Links to weapons are empty; doesn't matter much.

    *Edit: The video also shows that the AC value for the armor was not imported (confirmed on my character too) and that the skills were not linked the modules (confirmed on my character too).
    Last edited by lachancery; January 7th, 2012 at 07:58.

  5. #5
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Hey. I'm using Hero Lab & import for the first time tonight, and watched your video. I have an issue that didn't show up in the video: all my skill ranks are empty - they don't get imported. Anyone else has this issues?
    Works fine for me. What version of Hero Lab are you using? Open the .hlfg file exported from HeroLab and check the <version> tags, mine is showing:
    <version version="3.9" primary="3" secondary="9" tertiary="" build="277"></version>
    In answer to your other questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    - Armor imported twice: your studded leather was imported twice; I have the same issue.
    This occurs if you haven't selected the armour to be worn in HeroLab. There is a white check box to the left of your armour on the "Armor" screen - select this before exporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    - Sneak Attack: you mentioned it in the video, but it's not imported.
    I see this too - it appears in the <attack> section of the .hlfg output file and doesn't seem to get read as an ability, as a work around you can copy the whole <special name="sneak attack +1d6"...> to </special> section from <attack> to <otherspecials>.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    - Links to weapons are empty; doesn't matter much.
    In mine I can see basic information on the inventory tab about the weapon, but not on the actions tab. For example, a Longsword shows it's cost, weight and the "Other" tab has a brief descripion. But, as you say, it does not link to the weapon entry in the Fantasy Grounds library file.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    *Edit: The video also shows that the AC value for the armor was not imported (confirmed on my character too)
    This is the same as for the double-entry mentioned above - make sure you wear the armour before exporting from HeroLabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    and that the skills were not linked the modules (confirmed on my character too).
    I've never managed to get the skills or weapons linked to the modules - not sure why...

  6. #6

    Monster import?

    Is it possible to add the HL Creatures as NPC? It just seems to import everything as a character. I made some Monsters in HL and would like to import them somehow to FG2

  7. #7
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lichtbringer
    Is it possible to add the HL Creatures as NPC? It just seems to import everything as a character. I made some Monsters in HL and would like to import them somehow to FG2
    Use the creature parser, make sure you read the readme.txt file in the zip file. There is minor editing of the creature statblock text exported from HeroLab required.

  8. #8
    thanks for the Info. i will try to use the parser!

  9. #9
    I tried to use the parser on this txt file. There are many errors and i have no idea where to start. is there a tutorial how to use the parser? Sorry but i am not very good at this stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lichtbringer; March 17th, 2012 at 19:33.

  10. #10
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lichtbringer
    I tried to use the parser on this txt file. There are many errors and i have no idea where to start. is there a tutorial how to use the parser? Sorry but i am not very good at this stuff.
    I've answered you in post #72 in the Creature Parser thread to keep questions on the parser in the same thread and to not highjack this one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Strider2678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in