FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by feldrol
    Hello,
    just to say that by using the effects in this module, the automated bonus/malus didn't show up.

By adding a semicolon ";" just after the name of the effect it worked great.

If it can help other people...
    Thanks for the info. But, for me it works fine without the ";" - As the GM, I just click and drag the effect name text from the Effects window to the relevant entry in the combat tracker, the effect then shows up within the PC/NPC entry in the CT. How are you applying the effects when they don't seem to work?

Sorry to be a dunce once again, but when using that conditions mod, is it supposed to just list the names for all, and then I am required to enter the data manually? I unzipped it, loaded it into the /modules directory, then in FG2 set it from the library / module activation to open with a green check (so players could use them as well).

Now when I open my effects window, I get a list of all effect names, but all baselined. (IE VSBL, ALL, text just says Dazed, 0, RND). Was it supposed to be more filled in than this? I dont mind manually entering the information, but I wanted to make sure I was not skipping steps.

Thanks.

EDIT Adding Image, just for clarity:
    Last edited by RyanRMC; December 24th, 2012 at 20:47.

This is a list of the built in conditions - see the "Label: Conditions" table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...ffects_35E.xcp (scroll down to see the link at the bottom of the contents in the left).

Using the condition labels in this table automatically apply the effects in the "Modifiers Applied" column. e.g. just dragging "Pinned" to an entry in the CT will automatically apply the effects "GRANTCA, AC: -4" associated with that condition - you won't see them, but the system applies then to relevant rolls.

This module is handy as it allows you to just drag the condition to a PC/NPC and change the duration as required. It helps to avoid typo errors and speed up applying common conditions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will test this out next time my players are on, see how it is working!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRMC
    Ok, thanks for the reply. I will test this out next time my players are on, see how it is working!
    If you need to test, you can connect a second instance of FG on the same PC as the GM instance - connect as a player (Join Game) and enter the host address as: localhost

This is a great tool to allow you to test what players see, run encounters, test effects, etc.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

when i look at this page it only has the explantion of what makes up an effect ..no examples or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A complete list of the supported Effects/Conditions is located in the online user manual. Make sure to explore the left hand menu to see all the information.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...ffects_35E.xcp

Regards,
    JPG

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    when i look at this page it only has the explantion of what makes up an effect ..no examples or anything.
    You need to click the sub-headings in the sidebar on the left to see the details.

Or, look at the new Wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

All these mods with conditions, traits, more spells, creatures, etc.. this is all fantastic. I don't know how you guys do all this stuff. I would gladly pay for them, but since they're free, I won't complain.

Thread Information