FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    On my list of things to do, once the 4E Fortune Cards extension is complete. On holiday at the moment, back at the end of the week.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Embedded images or thumbnails for linked images in story texts or NSCs, items etc.

I use images in chat. I'd like the GM portrait to change to current speaker - if the current speaker is based on an NPC that has a token.

I suggest having the "Mask" layer be independent of the three drawing layers, instead of part of the bottom layer. By my way of thinking, masking part of the map should hide everything on that part of the map, not just the background.

My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. My search fu is not so hot on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herodian
    I suggest having the "Mask" layer be independent of the three drawing layers, instead of part of the bottom layer. By my way of thinking, masking part of the map should hide everything on that part of the map, not just the background.

My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. My search fu is not so hot on here.
    I 100% agree with this! It is kind of weird to have my players saying hey what's that scribble just floating over there, sometimes acts as a warning...
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Blog Entries
    Does the 'spell' type mean anything? I'm not really sure.

It seems like it would be cool if the 'spell' type for 'spell' actions could be modified for other abilities that you might want to build as spells that aren't actually spells.

The actions tab is really handy and I use it for all sorts of things from wands to potions to cavalier challenges to .. well whatever .. not just spells.

Not mentioned yet: Headless dedicated server support, wine-compatible, allowing clients to connect in either player or GM-mode.

If FG had that then you could add in all the music/multimedia support you wanted since it all could be hosted on a proper high throughput server. This would also eliminate many "I'm behind a firewall, I can't host" issues, since they could either use a dedicated server or have the player with the fattest pipe run a server instance everyone(including the GM) connects to.

Content could either be pre-loaded onto the server instance in a directory or it'll stream first from the uploading client and then push off the server to the rest of the clients.

Don't make the setup fancy. Leave it CLI based with a simple executable to fire it up. As long as it works via wine so it can be hosted on Linux servers(cheapest solution). A working hack into the existing code is fine. If the option becomes popular it can be refined later on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracones
    Not mentioned yet: Headless dedicated server support, wine-compatible, allowing clients to connect in either player or GM-mode.

If FG had that then you could add in all the music/multimedia support you wanted since it all could be hosted on a proper high throughput server. This would also eliminate many "I'm behind a firewall, I can't host" issues, since they could either use a dedicated server or have the player with the fattest pipe run a server instance everyone(including the GM) connects to.

Content could either be pre-loaded onto the server instance in a directory or it'll stream first from the uploading client and then push off the server to the rest of the clients.

Don't make the setup fancy. Leave it CLI based with a simple executable to fire it up. As long as it works via wine so it can be hosted on Linux servers(cheapest solution). A working hack into the existing code is fine. If the option becomes popular it can be refined later on.
    Seems like this would change the entire concept of the model.

Really depends on how the code is written. Something like that might be a complete PITA if the code is completely centered around "only 1 GM and he is the host".

In that case a first step would be to add multi-GM support in the first update. This would allow for the flexibility you need for a headless mode and would also help ease the current firewall issues. Any player could host the game and the main GM could then connect as a client and control things from there.

Past that, headless mode would just be a hack that allows you to run FG without the GUI and start up the hosting and load the campaign.

I would like to see an update to the 4E ruleset where you can show only totals of GM attacks and damage in chat, similar to 3.5. IE The DM rolls an attack vs. AC with is 1d20 + 15 and rolls a 10. He then rolls damage 2d10 + 5 and rolls 5 and 5 on the d10's. I would like the option to just show the 35 vs. AC and 15 damage totals in chat without the players seeing the mods.

Thread Information