5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    This just came to mind today and I'm not even sure how I would use it ... but I'm pretty sure it's kind of cool.

I'd like to see a way to add a variable to one's attack macros etc. So, for example let's say I play a monk (since that's what caused me to think of this). I would type v: Dancing Dragon in the chat window but not hit enter. Then I would attack with the weapon I named Blow - but likely typed in something like [V] Blow (with the [V] indicating the location that the variable should be included). So, now when the roll is made it says Dancing Dragon Blow in the chat window.

For my next attack I type in v: Quivering Palm since I'm clearly very powerful and it comes out Quivering Palm Blow.

I know there are ways to get these types of messages now, but having it as a variable would allow players to add some dynamics to the descriptions of their attacks.

Haven't thought this fully through, but I think it sounds kind of neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Something more than the mask mode available in FG now?

Are you talking about something similar to what Maptool does in terms of vision blocking?
    Mask mode is fine, I was thinking more about lights and visibility. Maybe a function like TORCH and a wide circle would appear around the point of origin and players would only see what's inside the circle. You could add multiple TORCH icons if you like and be able to change their size (Candle vs Sunrod) or intensity (Dim light vs Bright light) and everything outside the circle would be dark. Or a reverse selection, where the circle is darker for those Darkness spells.

Quote Originally Posted by DanLal
    Mask mode is fine, I was thinking more about lights and visibility. Maybe a function like TORCH and a wide circle would appear around the point of origin and players would only see what's inside the circle. You could add multiple TORCH icons if you like and be able to change their size (Candle vs Sunrod) or intensity (Dim light vs Bright light) and everything outside the circle would be dark. Or a reverse selection, where the circle is darker for those Darkness spells.
    That would actually be amazing if they could make that work. I would love if that feature could become available, would make for some fun and user friendly night time encounters. Its always been a pain for me to do total darkness type things.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by inuroku842
    That would actually be amazing if they could make that work. I would love if that feature could become available, would make for some fun and user friendly night time encounters. Its always been a pain for me to do total darkness type things.
    With my token overlays, if masking functions were exposed in the API (including reapplying a mask by area) this could be doable.

How about a built it customizable game calendar so players can keep track of the passage of game time. I know there are extensions that do a bit of this, but I'm talking about an integrated system that is always visible to everyone and could show such things as the times of day, the date, the month, the year and possibly even the phase(s) of the moon(s). That would be a pretty nice, not to mention useful feature.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    With my token overlays, if masking functions were exposed in the API (including reapplying a mask by area) this could be doable.
    ?.? do explain please.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I would like to have a "skill challange tracker" or something like that (playing 4E ruleset).
    Creating a skill challange should be easy as creating an encounter. And tracking an skill challange should be also so comforable as tracking an encounter.

It should be possible to share a sheet or map to an single character or a separated group of the party (the same for shouting text to the chat box).
    To unmask a part of an map just for a single character would be even greater

A better editor for creating library modules.

Quote Originally Posted by drvolk
    I would like to have a "skill challange tracker" or something like that (playing 4E ruleset).
    There's one there already - the "Skill Challenge" icon (top right) opens the "Skill Challenge Tracker".

It should be possible to share a sheet or map to an single character or a separated group of the party.
    There already too. Drag the story, image, note, etc to the player/s portrait.

Thanks, the way to share images or texts to an single player i did not kown !

I know the skill challenge tracker which allready exists, but in my opinion it is to simple. Is there a way to setup an skill challenge, like you can setup encounters for the combat tracker ?
    There you should be able to describe the setup, the goal of the challenge, what happens if you fail, the level, the complexity, the primary and the secondary skills, the order of the skill checks, is it a group check or a check for a single character. This information then should be able to import into the skill tracker by clicking a button, like the way importing NSCs from encounters into the combat tracker.
    The tracker should take care of whom is doing the challenge and the order of the skill checks and any effects if one check fails or succeeds.

There you should be able to describe the setup, the goal of the challenge, what happens if you fail, the level, the complexity, the primary and the secondary skills, the order of the skill checks, is it a group check or a check for a single character. This information then should be able to import into the skill tracker by clicking a button, like the way importing NSCs from encounters into the combat tracker.
    The tracker should take care of whom is doing the challenge and the order of the skill checks and any effects if one check fails or succeeds.
    That would be nice!

Thread Information