5E Character Create Playlist

Implementing os.execute

Hi,

is it possible to implement the Lua components operating system facilities like os.esecute?

Fenloh

For security reasons the devs have turned that off for now.

Well, it would be great if there is a possibility to start an external Program from FG, possibly with one or several arguments.

A friend and I were discussing the possibility of a program, to play sounds directly to Teamspeak, since you can loggin to TS with different accounts, at the same time, each playing sounds from a different source. Probably we will need to look through the DB.xml e.g. every half second for a specific string, in a specific node and save the game every time after changing the data in that node. Then we can execute some programs externally.

Ah well, we also might wait a little longer and see what is coming our way .

Fenloh

What may be doable if a little cumbersome is you can write a little program to monitor say the Campaign.registry file and when a certain string hits there that it then executes the program.

It is doubtful that we would ever allow the os package to be available in LUA, given the potential security holes that are opened by giving ruleset developers access to run any program on a host or client machine.

Regards,
    JPG

Fenloh, please pm me. I may have something you are interested in.

Thread Information