5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

Skill Challenge issue

I'm using the Skill Challenge table of course.

I typically roll a skill and then drag the result into the table.
    Today I never succeeded in updating the table with the Nature Skill or any other except for Perception and Insight.

Am i doing something wrong? or is there a bug...

Dracenfels,

Currently you are the only one left with the mouse issue, so we need to find whatever is unique in your configuration that is causing the issue. I'm now using the built-in operating system functions I found to translate mouse wheel position into position within the FG window, so it should take into account all the desktop layout scenarios (multi-monitor, task bar, window borders, etc.). Any ideas what may be unique about your configuration?

Blackfoot,

Let me look into the script error after Gencon, and see if I need more info.

DanLal,

No one has reported any issues with the skill challenge tracker yet, so I'll have to investigate once I return from Gencon.

Thanks,
    JPG

I have no idea I went back to 2.8 and decided to play my game tonight on that version. We suffered from crash after crash. After exhausting all other options I tell everyone in the group to load up 2.8.1 we get on and are able to play without crashing but when I open all my combat encounters, story, and positioning on the map have all been changed in some kind of way or another. All my little thumbnails on some maps where gone, on others they were ok... Really frustrated. I went back to 2.8 after the game loaded up my week old saved file... updated to 2.8.1 opened my campaign file ...everything was altered again so it definitely has something to do with 2.8.1. When I tried going back to 2.8 the alterations remained. So now I can load up my last week's game but if I update to 2.8.1 poof campaign will be changed...so I don't know what to do.
    We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer...(clunk)

Dracenfels,

I haven't heard from anyone else having the same issues as you are, so I think it might be something unique in your system, or in your campaign, causing the issues.

* What OS are you running?
    * How much memory do you have on your machine?
    * I assume you are running 4E ruleset, since you are using DrZ extensions.
    * How many 4E modules are available in your module activation window? How many do you have open? Which ones?

The handling of the database between 2.8 and 2.8.1 should be almost identical, so not sure why one would crash and not the other.

Can you send a copy of your zipped-up campaign folder to [email protected]? Both the backup (2.8) and the one where things have changed around (2.8.1) would be great. I want to look at the campaign info and see if there is something specific causing the changes between version or the crashes.

Thanks,
    JPG

In the Pathfinder ruleset dragging the whetstone into the character sheet magically turns it into a sledge.

Apparently, the whetstone was mis-linked in the original d20 and 3.5E modules, and just got propagated to the PF version. I'll update in the next release.

Cheers,
    JPG

Wink

There goes my sledge selling business......
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

DanLal,

Now that I am back from Gencon, I tried the Skill Challenge Tracker. I was able to successfully drop rolls for all skills. One item to note is that the SCT will only accept skill rolls for SCT skills which have a non-zero DC value. If the DC field is blank, then the roll is not accepted.

Regards,
    JPG

Bug while running 4E Enhanced Images and 4E Enhanced Encounters with 2.8.1

While running 2.8.1--which solved all of the mouse-related issues my group has been having with 2.8, thank you--with the 4E Enhanced Images and 4E Enhanced Encounters extensions, tokens dragged from the combat tracker to the map do not stay linked to the combat tracker (ie: they do not highlight as red or green and the reach indicator does not work).

This has just cropped up in 2.8.1 as this functionality was working perfectly in 2.8.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mallias
    While running 2.8.1--which solved all of the mouse-related issues my group has been having with 2.8, thank you--with the 4E Enhanced Images and 4E Enhanced Encounters extensions, tokens dragged from the combat tracker to the map do not stay linked to the combat tracker (ie: they do not highlight as red or green and the reach indicator does not work).

This has just cropped up in 2.8.1 as this functionality was working perfectly in 2.8.
    I am not seeing this problem under v2.8.1 and the latest versions of the extensions. Pre-placement and token CT linked underlays still work fine.

Which versions of Enhanced Encounters and Enhanced Images are you running?

The latest versions are 4E Enhanced Encounters v1.1 and 4E Enhanced Images v1.2.

Can you disable the extensions and re-try your tests. Pre-placement of tokens should still work without 4E Enhanced Encounters, you just lose the 4E skin.

Also, do you get the same problem if you create a new campaign?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information