FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb 3.5E Theme - Pathfinder

In honour of JPGs epic (and stealthy) introduction of a Pathfinder mode in the latest FGII v2.8 3.5E test release, I thought it would be nice to build (and release) a custom theme.

I don't often work on other rulesets but given 3.5E and 4E share many common characteristics now (from a FGII ruleset development perspective). it hasn't been too difficult transposing some of my older theme templates.*Here's what I have completed so far: desktop, main sidebar buttons (still have the smaller ones to do) and hotkey bar.

As I did for the 4E ruleset, I plan to mimic (as closely as I dare) Paizo's art style for PF and plan to develop similar enhancements to PC, NPC, Item and Encounter sheets to mimic PF standard stat block formats. Lots of work still to do.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Sweet, looking good.

You may want to use an unmodified version of the Community Pack logo so it's fully Community Use Policy legal. (And hopefully promote FG better to the Paizo folks.^^)

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

I've downloaded the community logos pack and replaced the one I was using. Thanks for the heads up.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Blog Entries
    Progress update:

Making slower progress than anticipated as I am having to override quite a few of 3.5E's window definitions to get the new skin in place and looking decent. I'm not sure I favour the new folder structure for rulesets.

Desktop - complete. Cleaned up and now with updated buttons and legal PF logo.
    Chatbox - simplified edge.
    Mod Collector - completed.
    Hot Keys - completed. Font color needs adjusting.
    Campaign List Windows - complete.

Although the screenshot below doesn't show them yet, I have also built equivalents of the two fonts commonly used in the PF rulebooks. I'm referring to title text which is in the Jubilee font and the body text which is in the NexusSansOT font. As both of these fonts are commercial fonts and quite expensive I opted to make my own. I have a Jubilee equivalent complete with [a-z][A-Z][0-9][,.;:-+_"'?[]()] character support (enough for a title). For the NexusSansOT font I found the Calibri font (installed on all Windows/Mac systems) to be a very close match so I used that as the basis for the body text font.

Last edited by Zeus; July 17th, 2011 at 08:20.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Nice, it's very smooth looking.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions for improving the theme.

Looks like I am going to have to make some changes to the campaign windowlist windowclass definitions anyway so if there are any particular requests, now is the time to let me know.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Wow, looking great can not wait to see it when it's done.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Clearly a man of many talents. I very much appreciate that you have a very elegant but non-distracting design for your UI. Provides a rich texture for the environment, but is easy to navigate through. Very classy.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Looks great!

Look forward to seeing it on my own desktop sometime soon...

Thread Information