FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 28 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    I can't seem to figure out what I need to get this one to work...its for the Dark Sun Campaign setting.

7/30/2011 12:31:14 AM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: The 'p' start tag on line 1653 position 5 does not match the end tag of 'th'. Line 1653, position 242.

<weight type="number">0</weight>
    <cost type="number">225</cost>
    <type type="string">Mount</type>
    <subtype type="string"></subtype>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    *** <p><p>A crodlu is a large, flightless drake with a beak and weak, clawed forelimbs that can be used to manipulate small objects. It is a tough and aggressive hunter in the wild. When trained, it makes an excellent war mount. Speed per Hour</th><th>Speed per Day</th><th>Normal Load (lb.)</th><th>Heavy Load (lb.)</th><th>Push/Drag (lb.)</th></tr><tr><td>4 miles</td><td>40 miles</td><td>190</td><td>380</td><td>950</td></tr></table></p></p>
    </description>
    </crodlu>
    <warcrodlu>
    <name type="string">War crodlu</name>
    <weight type="number">0</weight>

The block on scraped code is:
    ZHead; Mount
    ZDesc; <p>A crodlu is a large, flightless drake with a beak and weak, clawed forelimbs that can be used to manipulate small objects. It is a tough and aggressive hunter in the wild. When trained, it makes an excellent war mount. Speed per Hour</th><th>Speed per Day</th><th>Normal Load (lb.)</th><th>Heavy Load (lb.)</th><th>Push/Drag (lb.)</th></tr><tr><td>4 miles</td><td>40 miles</td><td>190</td><td>380</td><td>950</td></tr></table></p>
    ZItem; Crodlu; 225 gp; -
    ZDesc; ;

prolly something simple...thanks for any help

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Blog Entries
    Try the block below, your original block was missing opening tags for the table entries and a closing tag for the paragraph:

Code:
    ZHead; Mount
    ZDesc; <p>A crodlu is a large, flightless drake with a beak and weak, clawed forelimbs that can be used to manipulate small objects. It is a tough and aggressive hunter in the wild. When trained, it makes an excellent war mount.</p><table><tr><th>Speed per Hour</th><th>Speed per Day</th><th>Normal Load (lb.)</th><th>Heavy Load (lb.)</th><th>Push/Drag (lb.)</th></tr><tr><td>4 miles</td><td>40 miles</td><td>190</td><td>380</td><td>950</td></tr></table>
    ZItem; Crodlu; 225 gp; -
    ZDesc; ;
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

@khersheyjr: its the first <th> that is missing before "Speed per Hour"

Thanks for the help. I am still getting more errors with the Dark Sun Campaign Settings parse but thanks to you all I can see what I need to fix .

If you have the specs download eclipse (from eclipse.org) it has a great XML editor that you can use to parse portions of the document and will show where there are errors.

Ill check that out. Thanks

Hi!

DrZeuss, as I have updated my books with you new parser exe. I has noticed that when you scrape divinity feats that have a related "feat power" it appears in the text file as a "feat utility".

When you parse such things you can't get the program these "feat utilities" as "feat powers" and these abilities don't show up in the finished module. Regardless if you have the "feat power to library" on "yes".

The work around I used to fix this was to use Notepad++ to fins each divinity feat with an associated feat power and change the word "utility" i the heading to "power". This permitted the feat power to be parsed and show up correctly.

This issue was specifically the scrape from Divine Power. It may or may not be an issue with other books.

I guess at some point the parser needs to recognize "feat utility" as "feat power" to avoid the manual process I previously described to get them done correctly in the module.

Thanks for updating the parser, I haven't been this busy in over a year!

Primarch

Blog Entries
    @Primarch: Sorry old bean but you have your wires crossed. I didn't write nor do I maintain the 4E Parser. Tenian developed the original tool and Eugenez is now maintaining the development.

Hopefully Eugenez can address your issue.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    @Primarch: Sorry old bean but you have your wires crossed. I didn't write nor do I maintain the 4E Parser. Tenian developed the original tool and Eugenez is now maintaining the development.

Hopefully Eugenez can address your issue.
    Hi!

Oh, my bad, I use so many of your extensions and that wonderful 4e decompiler that I thought you did the new exe update too.

Hopefully Eugenez will pop up and give the question a crack. Since my original post I have noticed this with other books too. The PHB1 scrape has an interesting quirk were the ZPOWER line of the channel divinity refers to the next feat after it and not the actual feat power! Weird.

Easily fixed though by replacing the faulty reference to the correct one.

Having updated and re-parsed all the books (including a massive compendium I made that includes all dragon and dungeon magazine entries), the updated parser is working very well, with little or no hiccups.

The feat power are the only thing I noticed that was off.

Many thanks to Eugenez for maintaining it, my old books were very dated until now.

Primarch

Just got back from a pleasant vacation in Toronto. Thanks for the reports, guys. I'm compiling a list of issues based on this stuff and I hope to do a release this weekend with at least some of the fixes.

Thread Information