DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 28 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Cool! Thanks. Ya, I just still wanted this reported to see if it can even be fixed.
    EDIT:
    GAHH! I get to the last bit and I find an issue I REALLY can't figure out and its probably smack in front of me. This is with Dungeon Annual.
    Code:
    7/25/2011 1:44:41 PM : Error data:
    Whirling Blades Automaton Level 6 Skirmisher
    Small natural animate (blind, construct) XP 250
    Initiative +9        Senses Perception +1; blindsight 10
    HP 66; Bloodied 33
    AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 16
    Immune disease, knocked prone, poison
    Speed 5
    C Whirling Blades (standard, at-will)
    ZZX +10 vs AC; 1d6 + 4 damage, and the automaton can shift 1 square for each target it hits up to 3 squares. Close burst 1
    C Remove Mark (minor, at-will)
    7/25/2011 1:44:41 PM : ERROR: Fatal Parse error on: Whirling Blades (standard; at-will) ZZX +10 vs AC; 1d6 + 4 damage, and the automaton can shift 1 square for each target it hits up to 3 squares. Close burst 1
    Technically this is a 2 part issue.
    1: While the Parser is still open, it seems it keeps the txt file in use. Because of this, you have to write down the error and close the parser before it can be writable again.
    2: I don't see what is the issue here. Here is the exact text I have.
    Code:
    Whirling Blades Automaton Level 6 Skirmisher
    Small natural animate (blind, construct) XP 250
     Initiative +9        Senses Perception +1; blindsight 10
    HP 66; Bloodied 33
    AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 16
    Immune disease, knocked prone, poison
    Speed 5
    ZZX +10 vs AC; 1d6 + 4 damage, and the automaton can shift 1 square for each target it hits up to 3 squares. Close burst 1
    ZZX Close burst 5; targets an enemy marking the automaton; +9 vs Will; the mark ends. 
    C Bladed Destruction ( when the automaton drops to 0 hit points, ) 
    ZZX +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 2 damage. The whirling blade automaton explodes, launching blades in all directions. Close burst 5
    Alignment Unaligned        Languages -
    Str 14 (+5)      Dex 19 (+7)      Wis 6 (+1)
    Con 10 (+3)      Int 2 (-1)      Cha 2 (-1)
    Am I missing something in the lines?
    Last edited by zapoqx; July 25th, 2011 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by zapoqx
    Technically this is a 2 part issue.
    1: While the Parser is still open, it seems it keeps the txt file in use. Because of this, you have to write down the error and close the parser before it can be writable again.
    2: I don't see what is the issue here. Here is the exact text I have.
    1. I can open the text file, save it etc while I have the parser open. What app are you using to edit/save the file? I'm just using Windows Notepad - nothing special.
    2. You need to move the range of the power to be the first entry in the power text:

ZZX Close burst 1; +10 vs AC; 1d6 + 4 damage, and the automaton can shift 1 square for each target it hits up to 3 squares.
    ZZX Close burst 5; targets an enemy marking the automaton; +9 vs Will; the mark ends.
    ZZX Close Burst 5; +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 2 damage. The whirling blade automaton explodes, launching blades in all directions.

That then works for me and it can parse. Hope it works for you!

Wow, looks like there are quite a few bugs remaining. Thanks for the detailed reports, folks, I'll work on knocking these out. I'm on vacation this week, so don't expect to see a build until two weekends from now at the earliest...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    1. I can open the text file, save it etc while I have the parser open. What app are you using to edit/save the file? I'm just using Windows Notepad - nothing special.
    2. You need to move the range of the power to be the first entry in the power text:
    ZZX Close burst 1; +10 vs AC; 1d6 + 4 damage, and the automaton can shift 1 square for each target it hits up to 3 squares.
    ZZX Close Burst 5; +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 2 damage. The whirling blade automaton explodes, launching blades in all directions.
    That then works for me and it can parse. Hope it works for you!
    Thanks for that reply. Got past that part. Had one more and I searched for the key part about the placement of the attack. It was on the Calmachia level 9 solo where it did the same think with its 2 Reach 2 attacks and the Close Blast 5 attack.

Well I was saying it was a 2 part issue because this happens after I receive the error. I had to literally close the parser to let it save.
    I use things between GetDiz and Notepad++. Both reported not being savable and doing a little test, I couldn't delete the file as it said the 4E Parser was still using the file until the program was closed.

Upon testing, it seems the perception is showing up in the wrong location using the default unmodified scrapes. I had to look into this further. I don't exactly get it myself. It seems it shows the Perception in the senses, but not in the perception field. Sometimes it will show in the senses the perception bonus, but still not show the perception in the perception field.

And no problem EugeneZ.

EDIT: After getting back info and looking into it further, here is the best way to explain:
    https://bit.ly/mQ6QkS - Without personalities
    https://bit.ly/pveMDV - With Personalities

Observe the perception. These come from:
    Murklord Frog - Monster Manual 3
    Kestrekel Carrion Eater - Dark Sun Creature Catalog
    Ice Warrior Raider - Dungeon Annual

Seems like Ice Warrior Raider is the only one willing to get a perception check correct. I suppose if its not an issue, I'll post what I have listed for those to see if we can fire out what the parser is doing during compendium download. If its an issue mods, feel free to edit this post and remove the code tags

Code:
    Murklord Frog Level 2 Skirmisher
    Medium natural beast (aquatic) XP 125

HP 39; Bloodied 19  Initiative +7  
     AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 13  Perception+4  
     Speed 6, swim 6  Low-light vision  

Traits
    X Aquatic
    ZZX The murklord can breathe underwater. In aquatic combat, it gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls against nonaquatic creatures.

Standard Actions
    m Bite ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +7 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage, or 1d12 + 5 while the murklord is bloodied.
    M Leapfrog ?   Recharge ? ?  ? 
    ZZX Effect: The murklord shifts 3 squares, makes the following attack, and shifts 3 squares again.
    Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +5 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 2d6 + 4 damage, or 2d12 + 4 while the murklord is bloodied.

Minor Actions
    M Tongue Lash ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +5 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The murklord slides the target 1 square.
    Skills Acrobatics +10
    Str 16 (+4)                Dex 18 (+5)                Wis 16 (+4)
    Con 15 (+3)                Int 4 (-2)                Cha 8 (0)
    Alignment unaligned        Languages -

-----------

Kestrekel Carrion Eater Level 1 Minion Skirmisher
    Tiny natural beast XP 25

HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.  Initiative +4  
     AC 16, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13  Perception+6  
     Speed 2, fly 6    

Standard Actions
    m Claw ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 0 (one creature); +6 vs. AC
    Hit: 4 damage, or 5 against a bloodied target.
    M Darting Rake ?  At-Will
    ZZX Effect: The kestrekel shifts 3 squares and uses claw.
    Str 8 (-1)                Dex 15 (+2)                Wis 12 (+1)
    Con 11 (0)                Int 1 (-5)                Cha 6 (-2)

--------

Ice Warrior Raider Level 2 Soldier
    Medium elemental animate (cold) XP 125
     Initiative +5        Senses Perception +1
    HP 42; Bloodied 21
    AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 13
    Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 cold
    Speed 6 (ice walk)
    m Maul (standard, at-will)  ?  Cold
    ZZX +9 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage, and the target is slowed (save ends). Against a slowed target, the attack deals 1d6 extra cold damage. 
    M Ice Embrace (minor, at-will)  ?  Cold
    ZZX +7 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized by ice (save ends). 
    Alignment Chaotic evil        Languages Primordial
    Str 17 (+4)      Dex 14 (+3)      Wis 11 (+1)
    Con 18 (+5)      Int 11 (+1)      Cha 11 (+1)
    Equipment: maul.
    Last edited by zapoqx; July 27th, 2011 at 10:38.

Blog Entries
    @ zapoqx: Try adding a whitespace character between the keyword Perception and the + modifier for the first two NPCS e.g.

Perception +4

And see if that parses, OK. From looking at the Compendium the data entries for a Murklord Frog and Kestrekel Carrion Eater, they both don't have the whitespace that the Parser expects.
    Last edited by Zeus; July 27th, 2011 at 18:31.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Heh dont know if its possible, but WOTC changed the disease stat block. Was wondering if it would be possible to get it changed in the Parser to reflect that.
    If not there are always alternatives lol.

And to Zapoqz, ya the perception scores need to be on the same line as initiative in order for it to work as intended.

so... to work where it will let me do the double click of that perception roll, it needs to have that white space...
    And work as intended?

Blog Entries
    @zapoqx: Let me know if the NPC entries below parse OK. As joseph.pimpo has pointed out, in addition to the whitespace, Sense Perception text needs to be on the same line as the Initiative entry. See below.

Code:
    Murklord Frog Level 2 Skirmisher
    Medium natural beast (aquatic) XP 125
    Initiative +7   Senses Perception +4    
    HP 39; Bloodied 19  
    AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 13  
    Speed 6, swim 6  Low-light vision  
    Traits
    X Aquatic
    ZZX The murklord can breathe underwater. In aquatic combat, it gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls against nonaquatic creatures.
    m Bite ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +7 vs. AC
    Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage, or 1d12 + 5 while the murklord is bloodied.
    M Leapfrog ?   Recharge ? ?  ? 
    ZZX Effect: The murklord shifts 3 squares, makes the following attack, and shifts 3 squares again.
    Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +5 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 2d6 + 4 damage, or 2d12 + 4 while the murklord is bloodied.
    M Tongue Lash ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +5 vs. Reflex
    Hit: The murklord slides the target 1 square.
    Skills Acrobatics +10
    Str 16 (+4)                Dex 18 (+5)                Wis 16 (+4)
    Con 15 (+3)                Int 4 (-2)                Cha 8 (0)
    Alignment unaligned        Languages -

-----------

Kestrekel Carrion Eater Level 1 Minion Skirmisher
    Tiny natural beast XP 25
    Initiative +4  Senses Perception +6  
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.   
    AC 16, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13  
    Speed 2, fly 6    
    m Claw ?  At-Will
    ZZX Attack: Melee 0 (one creature); +6 vs. AC
    Hit: 4 damage, or 5 against a bloodied target.
    M Darting Rake ?  At-Will
    ZZX Effect: The kestrekel shifts 3 squares and uses claw.
    Str 8 (-1)                Dex 15 (+2)                Wis 12 (+1)
    Con 11 (0)                Int 1 (-5)                Cha 6 (-2)
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Ran into a few errors while trying to parse a few of the magazines, specifically #373. Here's the error:

7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : ERROR: line:Miss: Half damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Start Power Parse
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Reference parameters set
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : NPCs parameters set
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Items parameters set
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Adventure parameters set
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Root parameters set
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Subtree Verified
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Top level verified
    7/29/2011 2:45:42 PM : Starting parse

It doesn't even get far into it and it pops up with an error I've never seen before.

The 2nd issue I ran into occurred while I was trying to compile all the Dragon Magazine information into 1 parse. I would take the information from the text documents, and put them all into 1 so they would make 1 large module. The error I keep getting is this:

7/29/2011 2:51:02 PM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: The '[' character, hexadecimal value 0x5B, cannot be included in a name. Line 3156, position 741.

<type type="string">Feature</type>
    <flavor type="formattedtext"><p><i>You can spend an action point to reroll an attack roll against a dragon, or to end a condition currently affecting you that originated from a dragon, and that a save can end. Using this feature replaces the normal action point benefit of taking an extra action.</i></p></flavor>
    <stringflavor type="string">You can spend an action point to reroll an attack roll against a dragon, or to end a condition currently affecting you that originated from a dragon, and that a save can end. Using this feature replaces the normal action point benefit of taking an extra action.</stringflavor>

</featureDragon-SlayersAction_178>
    *** <featureInstinctFeatUtilityWithYourDefiantSnarlThe AdvantageYourFoesHadGainedEvaporatesGivingYouAnOpe ning_EncounterFreeActionPersonalTrigger_YouAreFlan kedOrYourPreyGainsCombatAdvantageAgainstYouEffect_ YouDoNotGrantCombatAdvantageToThoseWhoTriggeredThi sPowerUntilTheEndOfYourNextTurn_IfYourPreyIsAmongT hoseWhoTriggeredThisPowerYouGainCombatAdvantageAga instYourPreyUntilTheEndOfYourNextTurn_BravosFinish FeatUtilityIfYourViciousAssaultDoesntBringYourPrey DownItSurelyShowsYourPreyWhatTheNearFutureHolds_Da ily_ReliableStandardActionSpecial_InAdditionToTheK eywordAboveThisPowerIsConsideredToHaveTheSameKeywo rdsAndRangeAsTheAt-willPowerYouUseWithIt_Target_OneCreatureThatIsYour PreyEffect_UseAnAt-willAttackPowerOnTheTarget_IfTheAttackHitsYouDeal2[W]ExtraDamageOr_2DiceOfDamageIfItIsANonweaponAttackA ndTheTargetIsDazed_saveEnds__Level19Swap_3[W]ExtraDamageOr_3DiceOfDamage_Level29Swap_3[W]ExtraDamageOr_3DiceOfDamageAndTheTargetIsStunnedUn tilTheEndOfYourNextTurn_>
    <name type="string">Instinct Feat
    <recharge type="string">Encounter</recharge>
    <keywords type="string">Weapon</keywords>
    <action type="string">Standard Action</action>
    <range type="string">Personal</range>

It seems to occur on a power that's actually within issue #373. Any suggestions?

---===Edit===---

Took out a large chunk of the descriptive text so it wouldn't be so massive. Sorry about that.

Well I got it to work fine with just the white space and it seems to work fine with those not using the "Senses Perception" thing next to initiative and with. It seems to me the only difference with the 2 is that without placing perception in the same line as initiative, it seems to just make the card wider. Otherwise, it seems to work just fine.
    @Moose: I didn't have an error occur with 370-379 (I compiled mine that way by appending from Dragon magazine 370 all the way to 379). I don't think I had one at least. As to the 2nd error, that might be because of the parse it took from Compendium to text. I had an issue like that before and it was because of a simple apostraphe that in NotePad++, it never caught it, but when I changed the text format to whats used in GetDiz, the apostraphe was a different symbol character. Just simply go through and check what special characters there are in that section and replace it with the regular ascii key needed.
    Last edited by zapoqx; July 29th, 2011 at 21:15.

Thread Information