DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    This is the most awesome thing since pyro's online mapper! LOVE it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned
    i started making my maps with nice pretty graphics and adter a while i decided to go old school too. im playing castles&crusades which is pretty much old school dnd so i thought it shoudl be ok. they seem to take me just as long but at least I feel that the map is complete. when i do full detail maps i never know when to stop ading more detail!
    These are great, d.

There is something to be said for keeping maps simple - I think that's why the old school maps appeal to me. The artistic maps with detailed objects are nice of course, but I don't have the talent or the time to make those.

I totally agree, simple basic maps leave more for the imagination. I find that when you take the time to create full color maps your game starts to feel like a video game.

Here is Danger At Dunwater. It is a lizardfolk lair from a 1980s module.

The rooms are small by 4e standards, which tends to cramp the style of the game. A simple solution that I use when fighting in these cramped dungeons is to half all of the range / mvt numbers, so that an attack with range 10 only goes 5 squares.

Edit: I was just thinking that perhaps this image is copyrighted. I wonder if I should remove it.
    Last edited by spoofer; July 16th, 2011 at 15:31.

Blog Entries
    Just a thought about map conversions...

I believe that AD&D 1st edition allowed 3 medium-sized creatures to occupy a 10' square, so you might consider converting each 10' square into three 5' squares. So, a 20' x 20' room (2 x 2, or 4 squares total) becomes a 30' x 30' room (6 x 6, or 36 squares total) in 4th edition.

Z

crazy how just a color can bring back such fond memories. Awesome work Zeuss, you continue to be a force of good for the virtual gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    i started making my maps with nice pretty graphics and adter a while i decided to go old school too. im playing castles&crusades which is pretty much old school dnd so i thought it shoudl be ok. they seem to take me just as long but at least I feel that the map is complete. when i do full detail maps i never know when to stop ading more detail!

cant post any bigger shots as the party are still only on level 2 of this complex....
    What are you using to created these maps. I like the style of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer
    Here is Danger At Dunwater. It is a lizardfolk lair from a 1980s module.

The rooms are small by 4e standards, which tends to cramp the style of the game. A simple solution that I use when fighting in these cramped dungeons is to half all of the range / mvt numbers, so that an attack with range 10 only goes 5 squares.

Edit: I was just thinking that perhaps this image is copyrighted. I wonder if I should remove it.
    On the small size of the maps remember most early D&D maps were 10 feet per square not 5 feet, so each map square should be 4 squares. If you have a map like this in FG and the square size is an even number in pixels you could lay a grid on top of the image one of 4 squares to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

All uploaded to my site under the FGII Miscellaneous section. See the banner in my sig for the link.
    Very cool. Where can I find these images?

Thread Information