DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    @Darkfaith: Cool. In the interim you may want checkout my Campaign Tools v2 tool. It's quite an old tool but it allows you to import/export characters into/out from a campaign db.xml as well as view/print HTML character sheets.

You can find more information here. Note the website address has changed (see the banner in my sig for the new link).
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    The Enhanced Images extension exploits JPG's new API functionality introduced in v2.8 to enable three layers (background, features and play) enabling a DM to compile three images which are then overlaid over one another to provide a composite map view for play. The extension enables a DM to build map images using tile based tokens without incurring FGII token stacking issues.
    I just tested this (under 2.8.0 test release) with the DnD4e ruleset and works great!

Any chance of seeing this extension made compatible or usable with other rulesets? I'm with the GURPS ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II that technically is, I believe, d20 based.

This multiple layers implementation has even the potential for handling facing indicators for round portrait style tokens in a more satisfactory way: the token is in a layer and its facing indicator in another layer, so you can move/change facing without messing the token below.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

A quick change to the extension : Remove the ruleset requirement and it will work with just about any ruleset.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Good idea. However it isn't easy to do for me: after modifying the extension.xml file I can select the extension under the GURPS ruleset, but it isn't working at all when I launch the FG2 app
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."

Wolfgang Smith

Blog Entries
    I would be very surprised if this extension works (unchanged) with other rulesets for a few simple reasons:

- when the extension starts it registers a start-up message with the 4E ruleset using 4E's ChatManager registerLaunchMessage() method
    - when you create an image window, the extensions relies upon generic 4E controls (e.g. close window button) to construct the window and its elements
    - when creating an image window, the extension extends the 4E image toolbar with additional tools (layers and x,y coordinates). The toolbar graphics and templates are pre-defined in the 4E ruleset
    - when a standard 4E image is created it utilises a script called campaign_list_record.lua to setup and manage the window reference link and icon, as the extension does not override this functionality the extensions relies upon the script that 4E provides.

So, if you believe this is working with other rulesets it could be that the ruleset in question also provides some of the dependant controls and scripts as per 4E. This will likely depend on the rulesets development roots. I would check the console log for error messages.

Having said that it shouldn't be too much trouble to produce a generic version. The main files that are needed are:

adventure_images.xml -- defines the image windowclass
    imagewindow_image.lua -- image window scripts
    imagewindow_image.lua -- image window image layers script
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Hi DrZuess, first off, thanks very much for the work on all your extensions. My group and I enjoy them greatly and the new Enhanced Image looks just as valuable. I've run it on my server and it works fantastic.

However....(da da da don)

Are there any plans, or is it even possible, to allow the clients to adjust the added layers? It would help our group out laying zones and especially walls. Also, it seems the way we use the maps that the layers are not staying in sync. We have the character tokens moving around a large dungeon complex and it seems when you move the map (left,right,top,bottom) that the bottom layer moves while the top layer stays in place. You can then sync them up by clicking once on the bottom-right directional button. Is that expected?

Thanks again,

Al

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demadog
    Hi DrZuess, first off, thanks very much for the work on all your extensions. My group and I enjoy them greatly and the new Enhanced Image looks just as valuable. I've run it on my server and it works fantastic.
    Your welcome.

However....(da da da don)

Are there any plans, or is it even possible, to allow the clients to adjust the added layers? It would help our group out laying zones and especially walls.
    Not at the moment. The bottom layers are intended for background and feature setting content only. All play interaction is intended for the top layer only.

I am not sure I understand why your group needs to lay down zones on the underlying layers, is the top layer not sufficient?

Also, it seems the way we use the maps that the layers are not staying in sync. We have the character tokens moving around a large dungeon complex and it seems when you move the map (left,right,top,bottom) that the bottom layer moves while the top layer stays in place. You can then sync them up by clicking once on the bottom-right directional button. Is that expected?
    Hmm, doesn't sound right does it. The top and middle layers should always be in sync with the bottom layer as you say.

It seems if you grab the centre of the image using a middle mouse button and pan/scroll all layers stay in sync. However if you use the scroller control (bottom right) to pan/scroll, the sync is lost until you click the scrollercontrol again.

I'll look at the code but I have a suspicious feeling it maybe related to FGII events not firing as they are expected to. I'll see what can be done.

I also spotted a bug in that the layer control icon is visible to clients (even though its disabled). I'll fix that in the next release.

EDIT: Yup, I was right. Seems the onScroll() handler doesn't capture scroll events on image controls anymore in the latest 2.8 test release. I just worked in a workaround using onDrag() on the scrollercontrol and it appears to be working. I'll update the test release in the next day or so.
    Last edited by Zeus; July 12th, 2011 at 19:44.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    I would be very surprised if this extension works (unchanged) with other rulesets for a few simple reasons:
    Oops, I just saw this answer yours after many days of delay. Thank you, I'll think about it.
    M.C. Escher

Wolfgang Smith

Blog Entries

Lightbulb 4E Enhanced Images v1.2

Update: 4E Enhanced Images v1.2 has been uploaded to the FGII Extensions page of my resource site (see banner in sig for link).

4E Enhanced Images 12th July 2011 - v1.2
    • Fixed layer syncing issue when scroller control was used to scroll the image following API changes in 2.8 U4.
    • Fixed layer toggle button visibility on clients.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

So would this address an issue I've been having making custom tokens for sustained AOE effects like the Drow zone of darkness and rime strike?

Players have had so much trouble moving their tokens with the additional effect tokens, that we've gone to just using the regular pointer zones, which have real limitations, as you can only have one up at a time.

Having an effects layer just under the characters and just above the map would rule.

Thread Information