5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Converter not working for me.

Hi, I have tried both downloads for this on two different computers and none of them are working. When I click to open the exe from:
    EDIT - Old link removed - JPG
    after it's downloaded I get the error:

I get the error: FG-4ECharImport.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

When I click to open the exe from the second link:
    EDIT - Old link removed - JPG

CharacterConverter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.
    Error Signature
    AppName:characterconverter.exe
    AppVer: 0.0.0.0
    AppStamp:4e)e648e
    ModName:kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781
    fDebug: 0
    Offset: 00012afb
    Exception Information
    Code: 0xe0434352
    Flags: 0x000000007c812afb
    System Information
    Windows NT 5.1 Build 2600
    CPU Vendor Code: 756E6547 - 49656E69 - 49656E69 - 6C65746E

There is a ton more info but I can't cut and paste it.

The other computer which had the same issues
    is a Windows 7 Laptop.

If you need more info let me know please.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 10th, 2011 at 07:37.

Very nice! I imported a character on the first try...the only things that it didnt populate were AC, Reflex, speed, and coin which I believe you are still working on. Great job so far. Keep up the good work

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Replies to DrZeuss, daumnation, and khersheyjr

DrZeuss
    First off thanks for the expressed interest and I hope you enjoy the program!

Well my initial approach was to use an XSLT to transform the content, but shortly into that approach I realized that the limitations of the XSLT would hamper me from the results I wanted. So I decided to switch over to using the managed XmlDocument library provided by Microsoft in Visual C++. Although I am planning on providing a feature to allow the use of externally created XSLT for the transformation.

This tool will support other rulesets. This week I am working on implementing support for 3.5e and increasing the amount of data retrieved in the 4e. conversion. If you have any burning desire for a specific ruleset to be implemented you can always pm the request and I will try to work it in. Thanks for the feedback!

daumnation
    If you can send any more information about the environments you tested the application on that would be great. A great free tool for grabbing this sort of information is located here https://www.piriform.com/speccy. While I wait for that I will be testing the application rigriously and researching the possible causes. Thanks for the feedback!

khersheyjr
    Glad you enjoyed it and as you guessed those are data fields that I am working on polishing. Thanks for the feedback though!

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins
    Last edited by cstebbins; July 5th, 2011 at 17:47.

Here is the info

I tried the program on 2 different computers but I only have access to one of them right now. The log for Speccy is attached

Quote Originally Posted by cstebbins
    This tool will support other rulesets. This week I am working on implementing support for 3.5e and increasing the amount of data retrieved in the 4e. conversion. If you have any burning desire for a specific ruleset to be implemented you can always pm the request and I will try to work it in.
    Excellent work Sir Cody. Regarding 3.5, I would humbly request you try to parse in Pathfinder sheets exported from Herolab and/or PCGen (the two big 'uns). It'd definitely be 100% awesome! While there are folks who still play 3.5 specifically, I think it's safe to say most of them have transitioned over to Pathfinder, so I think you'd maximize your time and market penetration if you worked in that direction.

Thanks!

Reply to Emrak

Thanks for the feedback Emrak! Luckily Pathfinder parsing and 3.5e parsing are very similar so if support for Pathfinder were ever to be implemented there would be minimal coding to do.

As for Pathfinder, Hero Lab, and PCGen support these are all options currently being discussed and your request for them greatly helps us in deciding the scope and direction of this project so thanks again!

Best regards,
    Cody
    Last edited by cstebbins; July 6th, 2011 at 21:05.

Just updated the download link with the latest version of the character import tool.

EDIT - Old link removed

Known Issue
    * Attack and Damage bonuses to specific power types not being added (Dirty Fighting, Burning Blizzard, etc.)

Please let us know if you find anything else.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 15th, 2011 at 18:59.

A character importer sounds fantastic. I am interested in hearing about importers that would work from PCGen and Metacreator.

I cannot get this app to load. Using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

I get the following detail in the the generic windows error dialogue box:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FG-4ECharImport.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e17e911
    Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Fault Module Timestamp: 49e038c0
    Exception Code: e0434352
    Exception Offset: 0001e124
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Temporary Fix

The fix for those who are having immediate application failures when running the Character Converter is to install the latest .NET framework (https://www.microsoft.com/download/e...ng=en&id=24872).

Best regards,
    Cody Stebbins
    Last edited by cstebbins; July 13th, 2011 at 19:43.

Thread Information