FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 24 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlesslisa
    I use a Mac with wine and tried out the test version of 2.8. I opened up the Well Met in Kith module that is provided with FG2. I put a monster from that module in the combat tracker and could only get the first attack ability to highlight; none of the monsters second or additional abilities would highlight.

I also tried with the Pathfinder extension for 3.5 that Madman made and could not get any of the monsters' attack abilities to highlight from the 3.5 monsters, included WMiK module, or the Pathfinder Bestiary module.

I got this error while using the combat tracker in the Pathfinder extension. Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_common.lua"]:310: attempt to index field 'naturaldmgtypes' (a nil value). This error did not show up when not using the Pathfinder extension but I still could not get additional monster attack abilities to work.
    I got that too.. but if you update your data_common with the info (other than the skills) from the 3.5E ruleset you should be fine.. it fixed it for me. More changes were made there.

EDIT: I added a modified version of Madman's extension that includes the new damage type stuff in the data_common file. This is done with the assumption that nothing else in that file is supposed to be different other than the Skills... if that's not the case then this probably needs to be tweaked, but it works fine for me... you'll have to change the filename so it overwrites the other or remove the other from the directory.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; December 16th, 2011 at 16:38.

Leonal,

I think that having players forget their spells on rest, would be more work than it saves in most cases. I know that in most of my games, the wizard would simply choose the same spells every day. In fact, they didn't typically review their choices unless there was a special need, or they gained a level.

Perhaps an option to remove all memorized spells for prepared spell casters would be better.

LawlessLisa,

I'll check out the Well Met entries to see what I find. The Pathfinder mod is managed by the community, but I believe that the PF mod developers are listening on this thread anyways.

Cheers,
    JPG

JPG,

Yeah, I think that would be good. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Perhaps an option to remove all memorized spells for prepared spell casters would be better.
    This sounds like a good idea.

BTW... I'd like to say again.. although I've pointed out some little things that are wrong here and there in 2.8 it looks really great as far as 3.5E goes. Lots of new features and a great new look. Lots of cheers for your work here.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; June 28th, 2011 at 05:07.

Next refresh for test version. Found and addressed a couple long standing bugs as a bonus.

• Desktop layout would be misaligned when loading while maximized. Fixed.
    • Remote character portraits were not updated to newest copies on login. Fixed.
    • Unable to perform text selection using mouse in formattedtextcontrols. Fixed.
    • Unable to use Manage Characters option if campaign PAK files used. Fixed.
    • [3.5E,4E] Whispers between clients were not being received by target. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Dodge bonus will now stack.
    • [3.5E] Can apply skill bonuses to specific skills (including multi-word skills), but not skill categories.
    • [3.5E] Added option to skip multiple rounds by right clicking on the skip round button
    • [3.5E] Added /a, /e, /m, /o, /s as additional shortcuts for /action, /emote, /mood, /ooc, /story
    • [3.5E] Added concentration check button to actions page for each spell class.
    • [3.5E] Added right click option on PC spell sheet to reset memorized spells for preparation spell casters.
    • [3.5E] Chat modes were not displaying correctly in all cases. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Cold iron damage type not being added to damage rolls correctly. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Cold iron DR and regeneration not working. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Well Met in Kith'tahKharos module NPC attack fields not parsing. Fixed.
    • [4E] Script error when dropping item onto inventory. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

I think the dodge bonus fix (so that it stacks) made it revert to applying to all three AC types as opposed to normal AC and touch.

I think it was properly applying to only those two before the more recent update, but now it's applying to all three.

Thanks again.

Disregard this, things started to get majorly buggy after I noticed, tried in a different campaing everything works fine in it.
    Last edited by kdietri; June 29th, 2011 at 21:50.

the Modules interface from the Foundation Ruleset no longer opens modules in 2.8. You aren't able to trigger the book to open. I'm going to scan through the code when I get some free time next week (Holiday Weekend, can't do it then or the wife will not be happy)

I'll let you know if I find a solution.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Important for people to remember. When testing to make your Ruleset 2.8 Compliant, you must update the root tag in the base.xml to a version entry as shown in the bold text below:

Code:
    <root version="2.8" release="0.75" logo="logo.png">
    This is extremely important as if you do not, it will be running in a compatibility mode for whatever version is being defined in that tag. And while it will work that way in 2.8, you won't have access to all of the new features that 2.8 has released.

Details are in the section labeled 'Ruleset Application Compatibility' on this page:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdocbeta/
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Thread Information