DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 24 First ... 14222324
    In general, beta testers prior to release were seeing improved performance, so this is puzzling.

Make sure to save off the console.log file, whenever you have a crash and before you restart FG. Also, if you set the -n command line parameter for FG, the program will log all network communication, not just errors. It does slow performance somewhat, which is why it's a command line parameter.

On the mouse issue, can you answer the questions in this other thread?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15104

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi,

there were also many Lag Problems in the German Community, but most of them were solved after Players deleted their Cache and downloaded the Campaign again.

Some of them still had that Problem. After they have started a new campaign and manually copied Characters and Noted from the Old DB to the New one it worked well too. We have not testet if it also works with NPCs, but Images, especially with Tokens on them were an issue, so we have just left them out and copied the images Folder.

Fenloh

The personalities seemed to fix the errors haven't tested with players yet though but should be fine. Thanks Dr Zuess.

Also aside from the few problems, all in all a great update. Nice job with giving us the ability to add NPCs to the maps without cluttering up the CT. Fantastic job guys, keep up the good work!
    We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer...(clunk)

Odd fault with spells.

Player has STR: -2; INT: 4 on the CT, and is using a spell that deals 2/CL+n damage (a flat number).

When he rolls the damage he gets the -1 from the STR penalty on the CT, and doesn't. IF we change it to INT+n (manually calculate level instead of int) then it works fine. INT added, STR not removed.

Got it, all damage rolls were being given a default stat of STR, even if from a spell. (which should have no default stat) Will be in the next update.

Thanks,
    JPG

[quote=moon_wizard]Checking off spells on cast (Satan)

Using the cast button on a spell should not check the used value (or spend points). The reason why is that the spell would be removed from view in combat mode (or mini sheet), and the user will still need the spell details to resolve the spell (i.e. heal, damage, effects). The cast button is more of an action mechanism to indicate targeting, make attack rolls, make CL checks for SR and force saves when necessary.

Hi Moon_wizard,
    Sorry for the late reply, personally I would prefer the auto checked value over the removal of checked items, but I do see your point.

But I noticed ranged attacks with ammo don't get autochecked either, is this on purpose, i seem to remember they did in d20_JPG

Is it possible to add a opportunity aplication to effects, that would activate the effect against opportunity attacks f.ex. the mobility feat in 3.5E?

Is it possible for FG to remember the state and size it was closed with? So when opening it will restore the size?

I must admit i am very impressed with the current update

Best regards
    Jacob

* As far as I remember, the ammo did not auto-decrement in d20_JPG. Many of the changes to the new 3.5E ruleset came from my work on d20_JPG.

* There is an optional opportunity tag for the AC effect. Check out the modifiers section in the manual.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...ffects_35E.xcp

* The size of the FG window is not currently remembered, and always opens at the default size. I will add your request to the wish list.

Cheers,
    JPG

I have found a small niggling but OH-SO-Annoying problem...

the /m and /mood commands no longer allows you to set a persistant mood for a NPC as a GM.

The error transfers through the 3.5E set, the 4E as well as other rulesets with the 2.8 flag set.

Before the GM could set a mood by

/m (Persistant Mood)

And it'd stick around until cleared by /m. It no longer does.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoten
    Before the GM could set a mood by

/m (Persistant Mood)

And it'd stick around until cleared by /m. It no longer does.
    Had a quick look at SWEX - and yeah, "mood" is built into the FGII core engine, so this will effect any ruleset that declares v2.8 compatibility, such as the ones you listed.

To clarify, the /m command when followed by either a single word mood parameter or a multi-word mood parameter that was surround by parentheses, but without any chat words, would set that mood as the persistent mood. This would apply the mood to all future chat until a simple "/m" command was run.

Quick test in SWEX 3.2 confirms persistent mood no longer works there either.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information