STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... Last

Test Release 2.8 (Part 3)

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

Last update: June 22, 2011

Thanks again to the whole community for helping me get the new version tested before release. Given our limited resources, this helps us get the best application out the door.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Due to all the great feedback, I will be creating multiple threads as needed to handle the volume.

Thanks,
    JPG

• Lite and Unregistered versions can host demo campaigns.
    • Network optimizations, including token and portrait caching.
    • When connection is lost, FG will attempt to reconnect to session for one minute. Any game data sent while disconnected will not be shared.
    • Temporary files are cleaned up between sessions.
    • Ultimate and Full versions can create and load campaigns when not connected to the Internet.
    • Unregistered and lite versions can manage local characters with any installed ruleset. (if supported by ruleset)
    • Client hot keys are saved as separate file in campaign cache folder.
    • Idle timer increased to 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
    • Improvements to window list drawing speed.
    • Better auto scrolling for nested windows and lists.
    • Left click on chat window will set focus to chat entry box.
    • Chat entry will not clear on mouse drag unless drag ends outside of box.
    • Grave key is no longer hard-coded to issue stop/prompt messages in chat window. Use the radial menu instead.
    • Clicking 4th mouse button in token bags will go up one level.
    • When using radial menu to apply formatting to formattedtextcontrol, focus is maintained.
    • Modules will only create their own category tab, if no mergeid defined and tab names not already defined.
    • Clients could sometimes edit database entries they should not, and changes would be incorrectly propagated to host. Fixed.
    • Fields using frames smaller than the size of the field will now tile the edges correctly.
    • Assign speaker menu item was not visually updating. Fixed.
    • Deleting empty lines in formattedtextcontrols could crash client. Fixed.
    • Random impulse was not being added to dice rolls correctly. Fixed.
    • First die roll using double-click rolling method would sometimes hang or fail. Fixed.
    • Network race condition on delete when window shared with client identified. Fixed.
    • Module categories and data entries would sometimes not appear, if primary campaign did not have records of same type. Fixed.
    • [LAUNCHER] UPnP port forwarding enabled for Connection Test.
    • [LAUNCHER] Allows hosting when not connected to network.
    • [LAUNCHER] Required fields highlighted in red.
    • [LAUNCHER] Host user name defaults to "GM".
    • [3.5E] Updated theme and sheet layouts.
    • [3.5E] Client access to shared story, image and item entries.
    • [3.5E] Full effects system added. See manual for details.
    • [3.5E] /importchar and /exportchar commands added. See manual for details.
    • [3.5E] Spell points support (i.e. psionics).
    • [3.5E] Temporary and nonlethal hit point support.
    • [3.5E] Chat window relative to FG window size.
    • [3.5E] Search boxes added to every reference list.
    • [3.5E] Indication of editable and rollable fields on character sheet.
    • [3.5E] Support for more than 3 character classes.
    • [3.5E] Drag and drop items to inventory.
    • [3.5E] Enhanced PC spell casting.
    • [3.5E] Targeting for double-click and drag-and-drop rolls improved.
    • [3.5E] Image viewpoint remembered between sessions.
    • [3.5E] Image toolbar added.
    • [3.5E] NPC visibility options in CT.
    • [3.5E] Encounter placement of tokens.
    • [3.5E] Lighting and reply slash commands added.
    • [3.5E] Kick option added to connected character list for GMs.
    • [3.5E] AFK feature added.
    • [3.5E] Weapons, armor and equipment details added to modules.
    • [4E] /importchar and /exportchar commands added. See manual for details.
    • [4E] Encounter placement of tokens.
    • [4E] Added confirmations to radial delete.
    • [4E] Speaker bar on host moved under chat window.
    • [4E] Chat window relative to FG window size.
    • [4E] Auto complete for multi word character names while whispering.
    • [4E] Kick option added to connected character list for GMs.
    • [4E] AFK feature added.
    • [4E] Added options for adjusting NPC strength when they are added to combat tracker.
    • [4E] Tokens can be individually scaled by holding CTRL and using mouse wheel over token.
    • [4E] Combat tracker no longer needs to be open in order to target or drop actions on tokens.
    • [4E] When dropping powers on character sheet, recharge would appear differently on player/GM screens. Fixed.
    • [DEV] Ruleset and extension file load order is now the same on host and client.
    • [DEV] Tabbing in string/number fields will now skip invisible, disabled or read-only fields.
    • [DEV] Number controls will only intercept number drops by default, instead of all drops.
    • [DEV] Added support for 4th and 5th mouse buttons in onClickDown and onClickRelease events.
    • [DEV] throwDice calls made during chatwindow.onDrop handler will use current mouse vector, instead of random vector.
    • [DEV] softclose tag will now allow windows to become invisible and minimized, instead of just minimized.
    • [DEV] New functions, handlers, events and packages.
      Comm: addChatMessage, deliverChatMessage, deliverOOBMessage, throwDice, vote, setChatMood, clearChat
      DB: addHolder, export, getHolders, getText, getValue, import, isReadOnly, removeHolder, removeAllHolders, setValue
      Interface: dialogFileOpen, dialogFileSave
      Token: addToken, getToken, onAdd, onClickDown, onClickRelease, onContainerChanged, onDelete, onDoubleClick, onDrop, onHover, onHoverUpdate, onScaleChanged, onTargetUpdate, onWheel
      User: getActiveUsers, kick
      categoryselectioncontrol: onHover, onHoverUpdate
      chatwindow: onHover, onHoverUpdate
      databasenode: getText, isReadOnly
      diecontrol: noreset, onValueChanged
      formattedtextcontrol: onHover, onHoverUpdate
      imagecontrol: getImageSize, hasDrawing, hasMask, onHover, onHoverUpdate
      numbercontrol: default, min, max
      stringcontrol: default, readonly
      tokencontrol: nodrag, nodrop, onValueChanged
      tokeninstance: onHover, onHoverUpdate
      windowinstance: isMinimized, onHover, onHoverUpdate
      windowlist: setColumnWidth
      windowreferencecontrol: noreset, onValueChanged
    • [DEV] 2.8 changes (behavior change when ruleset updated)
      Most slash commands moved to ruleset.
      Console warning generated when template not found.
      Character database root can be specified as something other than "charsheet" using the characterdbroot tag.
      When importing characters from local mode, reference links are remapped to new character record ID.
      setValue, setPrototype and populateFromImageNode will no longer bypass database node ownership checks.
      imagecontrol: onTokenAdded event called for all existing tokens when initialized.
      windowcontrol: onDragStart added to replace first onDrag call.
      windowlistcontrol: onListRearranged event only called when windows added, deleted or rearranged.

This is my first time posting so i hope i'm following the guidelines, I run my game in test mode only (i just learned this after 2 years...i know RIGHT?) Anyhow, we just had our weekly game, an hour after this release. The only issues i've seen, and they may be intentional, are:

/e work for players for emotes but DM's must type /emote and it shows as the DM acting not the creature from the combat tracker.

Other than that, seems great. Thank you for all your hard work.
    Last edited by DMdomination; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:48.

[3.5E, bug]
    I forgot to report this earlier after our last session, but player to player whispers don't show up for the recipient. i.e. The sender sees his message pop up in the chat window, but the recipient (and GM if that option is enabled) doesn't see anything.

Thanks for the updates!
    Last edited by Leonal; June 23rd, 2011 at 08:03.

DMdomination,

When using emote as the GM, your emote should appear using the identity in the little white bubbles just below the chat window. The default identity is the "GM" tag. You can add identities to this list using the speech bubbles on the NPC sheets, or there is an option in the options window that automatically an identity for the current NPC combat tracker entry.

I'll look into why the short version is only working for clients. (/e)

Leonal,
    Thanks for the post.

Cheers,
    JPG

I just tested it again, just to make sure. With the correct "options set" if it is for example, it's "Hobgoblin 1" turn and if i talk it shows up as his name in blue with a white chat bubble as you said with the words i type in place of the GM, so it works as if it is the critter speaking. But if i type /emote and type an action it comes up GM: "action typed".
    I also tried to create an ID outside of the combat tracker to further narrow it down by using "/id evil demon monkey" and then with that ID bubble below the chat window selected type '"/emote runs" it still shows up as the GM acting. then type I just wanted to ensure it wasn't an error on my part.
    I also can confirm Leonal's bug about player whispers, i had some players test it and they have the same issue.

Again thank you for all your hard work.
    Last edited by DMdomination; June 23rd, 2011 at 17:42.

Hey Moon_Wizard,

Been playing with it for the day so far. It's completely awesome!!!!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

This is the only thing I've found so far.

[Bug]

dodge bonuses to AC don't stack.

I know these three things are all probably major adjustments, but I think they would make running the game in 3.5 even that much smoother if they're at all possible.

[Feature Request]

Third tab on NPC's to automate spells and spell-like abilities

[Feature Request]

It's very nice that you can run rounds off the CT by hitting the cycle round button. It'd be nice if there was a radial menu from that button where you could run off durations in like 10 or so round chunks.

[Feature Request]

It would be nice if players could select targets, and multiple targets, by both clicking them on the map, or by clicking on them on the CT. Maybe putting there colour box around the creatures targeted on the CT.

Thanks again, for all your hard work.

Having looked into this a little (and maybe not enough) I'm quite interested to know what I'll need to do as a bare minimum to get my ruleset(s) up to date.

From what I can tell, I need to implement a number of slash commands. And supporting the kick command seems wise too, although not essential. Anything else needed ? I'm not a test release adopter (hard enough tracking development bugs, without muddying the water) so will take this on as 2.8 hits release.

kdietri

Dodge bonus (kdietri)
    In general, named bonuses do not stack, and that's how the effect manager is written. I'll have to research to see if dodge bonuses stack in 3.5E. If so, I'm not sure if the effect manager can handle that yet. More research.

NPC Spells (kdietri)
    I really wanted to do NPC spells, but I had to punt for the sake of time. The challenge is that spells are just a list in the monster's stats. So, there are several items that would have to be addressed:

* Spell tracking really needs to happen at combat tracker level, which means somehow adding a mechanism to track 20-30 spells per creature in CT. The CT interface is already too complex, so it needs a redesign to support this much extra data.
    * Then, the module data for NPCs needs to be updated to support spell lists, and all of the data entry associated with that.
    * Finally, the ruleset would need to somehow associate monster spell list with full spell data, since the monster entries only contain names of spells.

All in all, there was a ton of work associated with NPC spells, so I had to punt. If someone wants to take a crack at an extension, I would be very interested.

Round jumping (kdietri)
    By the time you make the 2-3 clicks to jump the round counter, you might as well have used the mouse wheel or typing to edit the round value directly. Of course, then effect durations aren't updated.

Targeting (kdietri)
    The players can target creatures in the CT by holding SHFT and clicking on them. I really want the CT and tokens to be more integrated, especially with respect to targeting. Also, the targeting needs to be overhauled, but that's a project for a future version.

Updating other rulesets (phantomwhale)
    The main thing to start with is the version compatibility flag differences listed on the test version documentation.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdocbeta/

Other than that, it would be potentially borrowing features from the 3.5E or 4E code that you want to add.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks for the reply Moon_Wizard,

As for the 3rd spell tab for npc's, I'd be happy even with just blank slots where you could add spells manually for now. Parsing down the road of course would be awesome.

But even being able to add save rolls and effect lines, similar to the characters, would be nice, even if you have to add them manually for npcs.

[Bug]

Effects on specific skills don't work for multi-word skills eg. handle animal, disable device.

I tried with just the first word, and with no spaces, couldn't get them to work.

Thread Information