STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Blackfoot,
    Do you have steps to recreate the issue with the portraits? I'll try to look at it here as well, to see if I can recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Try running a client and loading several characters... activate a different character then try and load an image. It worked fine for the last loaded character but did not for any characters I 'switched' to... I'll see if I can figure out what created the other problems I was seeing in there.

Blog Entries
    Created 3 new characters as the host. test1 test2 test3.
    Loaded a client on the same machine and connected.
    Selected the three characters in order. 1 2 3.
    3 is now primary.
    changed 3's picture.. no problem.
    clicked 1 once... 3 still highlighted.. when I type to chat it reads as 1.. but talk bubble appears on 3... when I switch images.. it switches 3's image again.
    Tried double click and right click.. no options for activate anymore.

Blog Entries
    Did someone mention the library issue? The headings/categories in the Library don't seem to work anymore. The headings all appear at the top and ALL the open books appear at the bottom regardless of what group they are supposed to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Did someone mention the library issue? The headings/categories in the Library don't seem to work anymore. The headings all appear at the top and ALL the open books appear at the bottom regardless of what group they are supposed to be in.
    I've actually run into this myself, but it doesn't seem to do it with -all- categories. For example, in my regular campaigns, I have books under 3 categories. 4E Core Rules, 4E Forgotten Realms, and Compendiums. Modules under the first 2 categories are grouped properly under their headings, but modules that are supposed to be under the Compendiums heading (which is placed at the top, above the other headings) are all dumped at the bottom of the list.

Edit: I suppose I should mention that these were all compiled with the same version (the latest) of Tenian's Parser.

[3.5E]
    Ability effects like "STR: +4 enhancement" makes, as far as I can tell, no adjustments to the one receiving the effect.

Which actions are you seeing it not affect?
    (should be melee attack, damage, grapple and skill)

I'll look tomorrow as well. Too tired to focus right now.

Thanks,
    JPG

Ah, nevermind. I was expecting it to show a raised str, not just add +2 to the relevant rolls. My bad, and take your time. I was positively surprised and really appreciate how quickly you implement new updates to the test version.

edit: it does not however make difference between a +4 str bonus while wielding a 1-handed weapon and a 2-handed one where a +4 str should give a +3 damage bonus. That can be adjusted for more easily in-game by the gm though.
    Last edited by Leonal; June 8th, 2011 at 10:21.

I have found an issue that appeared after updating from 2.7.6 to 2.8. Stringcontrol's value is not initialized the same way as it used to be. The issue is that stringcontrol's onInit function is not called in the same order like before. This issue can be reproduced for example in using campaigncalendar extension in any ruleset (can be downloaded from https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/i.../Campaigndate). When you enable the ruleset and type /date you won't see any script errors in 2.7.6 but in 2.8 you see that nil value is being compared to number value. The value is nil because stringcontrol's onInit is not called before numbercontrol's onValueChanged is called. If you add codeline:
    window.month.onInit()
    after line 76 in utility_date.xml file stringcontroler's value will be initialized like before.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blackfoot/Darkfaith,
    I found the module ordering issue, and added backward compatibility for older rulesets as well as updating 3.5E and 4E to be faster.

Leonal,
    Thanks for the report. The damage ability multiplier was not being correctly applied to ability effect bonuses. It will be in the next cycle.

Ikael,
    I found the issue. It seems that the extension assumes that onValueChanged will not be called when using the setValue function. It happens that the setValue function in stringcontrols (vs. stringfields) would not trigger the onValueChanged call in v2.7, though it would trigger on subsequent changes. It's not something I can easily patch and not a good assumption for the extension code, so I will see about updating the extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; June 9th, 2011 at 07:19.

Next cycle of changes for test release.

• Custom token bags can be renamed.
    • Portraits for multiple characters not setting correctly. Fixed.
    • When using multiple characters, the character list would not update active character indicator when switching. Fixed.
    • Library not sorting correctly. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Feats can be dropped on proficiency lists.
    • [3.5E] Campaign items were not able to be shared. Fixed.
    • [3.5E,4E] Typing widget not clearing when changing between multiple characters. Fixed.
    • [3.5E,4E] Active character name is now larger.
    • [3.5E] Weapon stat multiple not being correctly applied to damage rolls. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information