STAR TREK 2d20

Question about tooltips

Is it possible to have a tooltip assigned to a stringcontrol/stringfield, etc look up it's content from a databasenode in the db? Similar to the datasource in windowlist? I see the field option, but it seems to be only implemented for windowclasses.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

you can use

setTooltipText(someDBnodePath.getChild("mytooltip" ).getValue())

to set a tooltip to a DB value.

possibly with a onChildUpdate to set to the DB node so that the tootip updates when the DB updates.

I'll see what I can do with that. I suspect that its being caused by the DBNode being in the wrong place. The setTooltipText() function should let me track it down. Didn't even know that one existed. Thanks Sorcerer.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Thread Information