DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: 4E Armor

4E Armor

Hello everyone! Brand spankin' newb here. Just getting myself up to speed with FG. Haven't played D&D for 15 years, but when I saw Fantasy Grounds I pretty much freaked out and instantly got the itch to go hardcore again.

Anyway.

Ok, so I figured out how to use the parser and I managed to parse the 4E Players Handbook DDi data into FG and I'm off to the races. Started monkeyin' around with everything once I'd done that (freaking out alot about how the parser connected so many systems within FG, too cool). For instance, I noted that if I dropped a weapon from the PHB into my Inventory, it automatically populated the "Combat" (Weapons/Implements) section of my character sheet with all the stats n' stuff (and linked the "ToHit" things to my dice and all that, man is that cool).

So then I thought "Oh, I wonder if it like automatically manages the stats for armor too?"

So I cracked open the PHB and dropped some regular Chainmail into my inventory. So it shows up in my inventory, but when I jump back to the "Combat" tab of my sheet, it didn't change my stats (AC, Speed, etc). My question: is it supposed to? Not a big deal if it doesn't. Just figured it might, and that maybe my data is broken or something. Because weirdly I can't drop "Chainmail" from the PHB (or my Inventory) into my DM "Items" list either.

No, only the weapon stats get created as separate objects. With weapons, it's easy, because you are never overwriting anything. With armor, you would overwrite information, which could be unwanted in some scenarios.

Cheers,
    JPG

Bumping this old thread because I think it's helpful information.

I also had a hard time finding out if I was doing something wrong when it comes to Armor not reflecting on character sheet.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not but I didn't find anything referencing this in the user's guide so I was confused.
    FG2 Ultimate License Holder

Dark Sun #1 Campaign Setting of All Time!

2nd Edition D&D Player and DM since 1994, now running a 4e Dark Sun campaign using FG2

Thread Information