STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

CnC ruleset repackaged and uploaded with Tokens

Please uninstall your previous version prior to installing this. The new version installs as a PAK, but any extensions you have will still work and override functionality for patches or customizations.

This new format should make it easier for me to roll out new changes. It contains the players guide, the monster and treasure module, the intro adventure Rising Knight and a module for the C&C tokens.

Your existing download links have been updated to allow for additional downloads.

Blog Entries
    You can leave the other CnC ruleset there if you want, just don't uninstall it after or it will remove some of the files from the new install since they share the same name and location. If you don't uninstall the previous one, you'll just have double the hard drive usage for the ruleset portion, even though the one in the ruleset folder will never be used by the program again.

Soo... what huh ?

Is this a brand new rule set that needs to be purchased again? Updated download links? what?

Is there a FAQ on this subject that i am missing ?

Someone throw me a bone here.

Blog Entries
    go into store - view order history - click on order and download links will appear. i dont know if it is an updated version or not but it does contain about 150 icons in C&C style.

oh yeah! Duhhh, i'm a dork, thats what i get for being half awake when trying to do something like this, thanks for waking me up damned!

Blog Entries
    The tokens and the ruleset being a PAK file are the only difference. Functionality should be exactly the same. The tokens just got left off of the last update.

Blog Entries
    i downloaded the update/tokens. I think i need to resize my other tokens - i had downloaded devins tokens but sized them down... i think that might have been a mistake now! not sure why i downsized them - maybe it was before i realised i could rescale the tokens or maybe some looked a different scale... anyway im sure it will work out.

the standard C&C token sizes are in general much larger than those of other token packs/rulesets

Large is 160, Medium 128 , small 80, tiny 64
    I think there is also Huge 200 and Gargantuan ~264 , but I'm not so sure about that (my memory is not what it was!)

These sizes were set by the original ruleset developer, and we have stuck with them since then - so all other (currently available) modules and manuals with tokens for C&C also use these sizes.

The images are all lifted from the manuals, and as such are in Greyscale, so the larger size is necessary to make out some of the details.
    I tried smaller but it was a mess - basically some of them just looked like indistinct blobs - although that might be down to the software I used to try and rescale them.

Blog Entries
    i am going to try some unscaled Devins icons tonight and see how they look. i was initially a little dissapointed at the c&c icons and then i looked at my c&c books and modules and i realised that they were pretty much exactly like they should be... thats something that 4E definitely has going for it - pretty pictures!

Thread Information