DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 22 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Ah ha, for a moment there I thought you had pulled off what I had thought was an impossible feat and you had somehow inserted new 3D dice objects into the game.

I am familiar with the custom die approach but I hadn't figured on the font spoofing to hide the numbers. Nice job.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Another quiet weekend means another release

The ruleset now includes NPCs and a Combat Tracker:

1) Ability to add NPC's with full characteristics including, Aggression/Cunning/Expertise dice budgets, area for keeping track of NPC action cards, area to enter NPC notes.

2) Simple combat tracker to which both characters and NPC's can be dragged. Keeps track of whose turn it is, friend/foe indication, plus initiative tracking.

With those changes the ruleset is now 95% complete. I have a few final features to add such as the new rules added as part of Omens of War, pets from the adventures toolkit, plus some GM tools for generic progress trackers and an encounter map.

Hopefully I will get those finished pretty quickly, meaning after a little play testing, the ruleset should be ready for release!

And another release.

I am now well into the 'tweaking' phase for this ruleset, so am adding nice shortcuts to ensure that using the ruleset remains quick and streamlined.

The next release will focus on more usability enhancements. I am starting to organise gaming sessions to help flesh out the ruleset.

This release introduces:

1) Removed the need for the resolution extensions - the chat window now automatically resizes to match the screen resolution.

2) Exploding righteous success - Addition expertise dice are automatically rolled on each righteous success.

3) Added dice results summary - a dice pool roll is now automatically evaluated showing success/failure, boons/banes, plus special dice results.

4) Added skill dice pool tool - Dragging the dice icon next to a skill automatically builds a relevant dice pool, taking into account stance and expertise

5) GM can drop fortune, stress, and fatigue tokens straight onto a characters portrait

6) GM can drop fortune straight on the party sheet portrait

7) Resolved loads of bugs, especially around trying to use party talent slots

Well i hate 3rd edition but i love this ruleset :P
    Great work friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

I am pleased to announce another release of the WFRP v3 ruleset. This release includes a large number of changes and bug fixes, plus provides a reference library module allowing GM's to start building their own libraries of actions, skills, etc.

In addition, I managed to run my first session with the ruleset, and while there were a few bugs, in general it was a success. The biggest hole that the session highlighted was the need for a more advanced combat tracker - so this will be the focus of the next version.

This release introduces:

* Ability to drag and drop tokens straight to character portaits and anywhere on a character sheet for fortune, wounds, favour, power, corruption
    * Ability to drag and drop shortcuts to character portraits and anywhere on a character sheet for skills, actions, conditions, talents, etc.
    * Added logging message for whenever a character recieves a token for wounds, etc.
    * Changed portrait and tokens masks to support WFRP style portraits
    * Created a reference library module
    * Added severe wounds to the ruleset
    * Add ability to drag and drop corruption and fortune from a character sheet to the dice pool box, creating the corresponding die
    * Added criticals and conditions to npc sheet
    * Added wound threshold to npc sheet
    * Added skill dice pool to skill sheet
    * Added current wounds and wound threshold to combat tracker
    * Added current recharge value to all actions

I am able to activate the WFRP v3 - Library in the Modules window, but nothing shows up in the Library. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I am new to FG II.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasuul
    I am able to activate the WFRP v3 - Library in the Modules window, but nothing shows up in the Library. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I am new to FG II.

Thanks.
    No problem, it could easily be a bug. Can you give me a little more information on what you are seeing, specifically:

1) Are you running as Host GM, or a player?
    2) Does the module show up in the module window?
    3) Can you active the module by 'opening' the book icon?
    4) Does anything show up in the left hand side pane of the library window?
    5) If so, does anything show up in the right hand side of the library window when you click on a library category?
    6) Does the message window appear showing any errors?

That should hopefully help me diagnose what the problem may be.

Cheers

1) Are you running as Host GM, or a player?
    2) Does the module show up in the module window?
    3) Can you active the module by 'opening' the book icon?
    4) Does anything show up in the left hand side pane of the library window?
    5) If so, does anything show up in the right hand side of the library window when you click on a library category?
    6) Does the message window appear showing any errors?
    1) Both. I ran the app twice, once as a host, and once to connect to that host as a player. (The problem appears if I run just the host, too.)
    2) Yes in both instances
    3) In the host, yes. In the player instance, no. The book icon closes as soon as I let go of the mouse button in that case.
    4) Nothing shows up in the left hand side of the library in either instance.
    5) See above.
    6) I have not seen a window with error messages.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks, for the info. I have been able to recreate the issue, so will look into whats going wrong

Awesome. Just one question though - I'm a FG newb. I downloaded the WFRP v3.pak file. Do I just drop that in my rulesets folder? That's what I did .... but I don't see an option to load WFRP as a ruleset from my create campaign menu.

Be kind, as I said, I'm new to FG and haven't played around with new rulesets yet.
    Last edited by bnason; July 15th, 2011 at 22:03.

Thread Information