DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 22 First ... 1119202122 Last
    I don't have a "test" talent to fill in, can someone help me with making the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster View Post
    I have release v1.5.2 of the ruleset, which addresses the issues with talent slots on the party sheet, plus fixes a couple of other issues I found at the same time. Download using the link on the original post.
    Does anyone have access to this version of the ruleset? The one posted on the FG ruleset wiki is older and still has this talent slot issue. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tauriih View Post
    Does anyone have access to this version of the ruleset? The one posted on the FG ruleset wiki is older and still has this talent slot issue. Thanks!
    You can get it from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wfrpv3/files/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hi Trenloe, I've noticed that wfrpv3 throws an error when exporting, similar to one you resolved in the Starwars ruleset (version v2.1.1a).
    Can you recall what you modified to resolve it, so I can take a stab at fixing the same for this ruleset?

Currently getting (with no extensions installed) and an up to date FG:
    "Script Error: [string "classes/utilities/export.lua"]:86: export: Invalid parameters"

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Hi Trenloe, I've noticed that wfrpv3 throws an error when exporting, similar to one you resolved in the Starwars ruleset (version v2.1.1a).
    Can you recall what you modified to resolve it, so I can take a stab at fixing the same for this ruleset?

Currently getting (with no extensions installed) and an up to date FG:
    "Script Error: [string "classes/utilities/export.lua"]:86: export: Invalid parameters"
    It's exactly the same script in Star Wars: classes/utilities/export.lua - the export code is at the end of that file.

Info on the Module.export API here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Module.xcp#export
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great. Thanks Trenloe!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's exactly the same script in Star Wars: classes/utilities/export.lua - the export code is at the end of that file.

Info on the Module.export API here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Module.xcp#export

Swapping out the export.lua file in the WFRP .pak file for the SW EotE one worked like a charm.
    Last edited by Thete; April 30th, 2019 at 01:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Aido View Post
    Dunno what happened but I seem to have lost all my talent cards, the catagory just isn't showing up in my library. Help?
    Same here. It seems some FG update broke it

Anyone gotten the WFRP v3 ruleset running in FG Unity? I have tried to, needed to fix a couple of XML errors thrown up in some of the extensions (Chaos Theme etc.) that I installed and another XML error in the ruleset (a comment line was not correctly formatted as such, missing the !)
    But, even after fixing these minor XML issues: it seems that FG Unity doesn't find the ruleset. I copied a campaign that I am running in FG classic into the campaign folder, and it correctly appears in the “Host campaign” section (even displaying that it is a WFRP v3 campaign), but when I want to start I get an error that the "WFRP v3" ruleset cannot be found.
    Also, when I want to create a new campaign to host, the WFRP v3 ruleset does not appear in the list… Anyone up to fixing this? That would be über-cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ozean View Post
    Anyone gotten the WFRP v3 ruleset running in FG Unity? I have tried to, needed to fix a couple of XML errors thrown up in some of the extensions (Chaos Theme etc.) that I installed and another XML error in the ruleset (a comment line was not correctly formatted as such, missing the !)
    But, even after fixing these minor XML issues: it seems that FG Unity doesn't find the ruleset. I copied a campaign that I am running in FG classic into the campaign folder, and it correctly appears in the “Host campaign” section (even displaying that it is a WFRP v3 campaign), but when I want to start I get an error that the "WFRP v3" ruleset cannot be found.
    Also, when I want to create a new campaign to host, the WFRP v3 ruleset does not appear in the list… Anyone up to fixing this? That would be über-cool!
    I too would be keen for this - as it I have not had time to install FGUnity let alone test. But yah, tis one of my favorite rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by ozean View Post
    I am working on a Genesys ruleset, which started as the star wars ruleset, which in turn is using a lot of the code from the whfrp3 ruleset.
    I am somewhat familiar to this point with most of the code and i can tell you this

One of the biggest things to make it work on unity is to provide new fonts. The old rulesets like whfrp3 uses a mix of ttf fonts, and oft. Unity does not support oft and will cause issues.
    There are also differences in how other things are handled, like dice rolling, and i believe there will be need to rewrite it (the code could be reused from the ruleset i am building)

There would be two different approaches:
    1 - quick and dirty: update some classes (buttons, fields etca)
    This would probably be a quick way to make it run, altough without the modern features from FG, like the libraries etca. We would still have the old formats.

2 - a complete rewrite. I would love to work on this, and i think i can pull it off, but i will only do this once i am done with the Genesys ruleset, and also a new star wars one (which actually is very quick to do, since it will import genesys on the fly)

For now, i would say stick with FGClassic to play WHFRP3, and if you can wait, i promise i will work on this, since i still love WHFRP3 a lot...

I will see if i can make it run on unity as is, and later on, rewrite a completely new ruleset using all the cool new features...

There are two approaches imo, to making it run on unity

Thread Information