DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 22 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    Just looking to necro this thread in hopes of finding some help. When I extract the library module, there is no common .xml. The initial post's link does not work. Anyone out there able to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Aido View Post
    Dunno what happened but I seem to have lost all my talent cards, the catagory just isn't showing up in my library. Help?
    I've seen a similar thing in the Star Wars EotE ruleset (which is based on the WFRP3 ruleset): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post297905 If you have another library module, open that as well and see if the missing category appears under a different module in the library.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidomann View Post
    When I extract the library module, there is no common .xml.
    What other XML files do you see? client.xml or db.xml will work just as well as common.xml now - the actual difference between these files doesn't really exist now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What other XML files do you see? client.xml or db.xml will work just as well as common.xml now - the actual difference between these files doesn't really exist now.
    Ah, client.xml is there. I select it then upgrade it. I repack it as WFRP_3E-Library. Except I don't see any difference. The cards still show up as example X. Does the library need to be renamed?

Ah, client.xml is there. I select it then upgrade it. I repack it as WFRP_3E-Library. Except I don't see any difference. The cards still show up as example X. Does the library need to be renamed?
    Try it in a brand new campaign with no other modules activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try it in a brand new campaign with no other modules activated.
    Still not showing. When I upgrade the client.xml the xml doesn't change.

For reference I am using this tool https://sourceforge.net/projects/wfr...es/v1.5/Tools/

Make sure when you repackage the module that you use ZIP compression (not RAR or 7z) and also that you ZIP from within the module folder - so that the XML files etc. are at the top of the ZIP file structure, do not ZIP up by selecting the directory. Go into the directory,select all of the files and ZIP from there.

Does the library need to be renamed?
    Only need to rename it if you are leaving the example module in the FG \modules directory. If you are, then rename the <name> entry in definition.xml

Because I feel as though I'm doing something really simple wrong I just recorded a quick video to show you the steps I am taking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQJsymH66I

Because I feel as though I'm doing something really simple wrong I just recorded a quick video to show you the steps I am taking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQJsymH66I
    Thanks for the video.

A few comments:
    1) The upgrade tool only upgrades the module data to be compatible with more recent rulesets. It is for older modules created with the older ruleset. It doesn't add any data to the module. So, the data you are seeing is correct.

2) Renaming the module file name doesn't rename the module in FG - change the name as mentioned in post #188 above.

3) If you leave a directory in the \modules directory then FG will read that before it reads any .mod files. In your demo, once you extracted the module to it's own directory within \modules it was always using the data from that directory for the module, based off the <name> parameter mentioned.

I think the issue here is that you expect there to be a lot more entries in the module. This is not the case, you need to enter all of the data yourself. Due to product copyright the actual RPG data cannot be distributed.

Thread Information