5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 22 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    All good, turns out I had a few '&' characters and such like about the place that FG didn't complain about. Tidied up, then worked fine.
    Cheers!

Oh btw where would I put speciality cards like witchcraft?
    Last edited by Thete; October 7th, 2011 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete
    All good, turns out I had a few '&' characters and such like about the place that FG didn't complain about. Tidied up, then worked fine.
    Cheers!
    Glad to hear it worked for you!

Oh btw where would I put speciality cards like witchcraft?
    The library is flexible enough to allow you to create any new sections that you like. You could place your witchcraft cards as a new section under spells.

To add a witchcraft section to spells, you could add the following section under the 'spells' node, straight after the light spells:

<witchcraft>
    <name type="string">Witchcraft</name>
    <entries>
    </entries>
    </witchcraft>

The ruleset supports any number of levels in the library, and as many items as you like at each level. Simply add a new section like the one above to make it appear.

Hope that makes sense

Yep, makes sense.
    For now I'll just add it to the colour orders, since that is where FFG listed Dark Magic.

Nice to see the recharge token on the desktop
    Any plans to include Party Sheet traits?

Any plans to include Party Sheet traits?
    Oops. I hadn't realised that I had missed that off - I will look to add party traits into version 1.2. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'd like to split off the Creatures, Creature Groups and Nemesis Groups off to a separate library so I can control visibility to the players. What is the best method?

I've tried two ways, and am not sure which to use. First I exported a module and simply cut and paste in the library entries.
    Second, I opened up a 3.5 module and changed its definition.xml to point to wfrp rules set and gutted out most of the db.xml and replaced with what I wanted. Both methods seemed to work though I'd like to know if there is a best practice.

Cheers!

Oh BTW is this a bug, or something I have done wrong?: The skills, once drag and dropped to a character all revert characteristic type STR, so all rolls from them are strength

hmm nevermind, working fine now...
    Last edited by Thete; October 9th, 2011 at 13:13.

I'd like to split off the Creatures, Creature Groups and Nemesis Groups off to a separate library so I can control visibility to the players. What is the best method?
    I would split your library into two seperate library modules, a players library and a GM's library. Simply take your current library, copy it, and then strip out the items from either library depending on if you want to visible to the players or GM.

The only other change you would need to make is to edit the definition.xml file in each library in order to give them a unique name.

Using this method the GM would be able to load both the Player and GM library in order to have access to both, but only set the player library to be loaded for the players.

Neil, Just want to say thanks for keeping things updated, I love it.

I haven't upgraded to the latest yet (scared I am going to screw things up), but I'm wondering if you noticed this bug and already fixed it:

I was making new creature groups and noticed when I reopened the module, the pre-made beastmen that were in the "Day Late" addition were being added to my monster groups. I have to keep that library shut in order for them not to be added.

Yes, enjoying the ruleset very much, i've even started to reskin it and add minimized icons of all the action card types s to add to that tabletop feel. Also helps visually remind players if they have wound cards on the desktop, rather than bured in a tab. Actually, one bottle neck i have found in play is clicking through the action card types on players char sheets, maybe a window that lists all the characters and their actions regardless of type would be usefull. let me know if you are interested in a mock up.
    In a blue sky ideal, the window would represent the players as a schematic with all cards as nodes for easy click access, but a simple list would suffice

Quote Originally Posted by TFWoods3
    I was making new creature groups and noticed when I reopened the module, the pre-made beastmen that were in the "Day Late" addition were being added to my monster groups. I have to keep that library shut in order for them not to be added.
    Apologies for the slow reply, Ive stopped recieving email updates from these forums for some reason!

Are you exporting your own module using the export facility? If so, then you will need to ensure that the "Day Late" module is not loaded otherwise its details will get merged into your own module.

Thread Information