DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 22 First ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I am working on a Genesys ruleset, which started as the star wars ruleset, which in turn is using a lot of the code from the whfrp3 ruleset.
    I am somewhat familiar to this point with most of the code and i can tell you this

One of the biggest things to make it work on unity is to provide new fonts. The old rulesets like whfrp3 uses a mix of ttf fonts, and oft. Unity does not support oft and will cause issues.
    There are also differences in how other things are handled, like dice rolling, and i believe there will be need to rewrite it (the code could be reused from the ruleset i am building)

There would be two different approaches:
    1 - quick and dirty: update some classes (buttons, fields etca)
    This would probably be a quick way to make it run, altough without the modern features from FG, like the libraries etca. We would still have the old formats.

2 - a complete rewrite. I would love to work on this, and i think i can pull it off, but i will only do this once i am done with the Genesys ruleset, and also a new star wars one (which actually is very quick to do, since it will import genesys on the fly)

For now, i would say stick with FGClassic to play WHFRP3, and if you can wait, i promise i will work on this, since i still love WHFRP3 a lot...

I will see if i can make it run on unity as is, and later on, rewrite a completely new ruleset using all the cool new features...

There are two approaches imo, to making it run on unity
    That sounds very positive, if you do end up tackling approach 2 for a Unity WFRPv3 ruleset, I'd be keen to lend a hand with graphics and font modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    That sounds very positive, if you do end up tackling approach 2 for a Unity WFRPv3 ruleset, I'd be keen to lend a hand with graphics and font modification.
    That would be awsome
    Lets keep in touch

Hi all,
    So I was really pleased to see that there was such a fleshed out ruleset for WHF3rd Edition. I have read this thread thoroughly and have go to the point of downloading Notepad++ and installing the XML plugin so that I can edit the library file to input the card information from the sets I own. Upon opening the library file in Notepad++ however it displays in..."gibberish", for want of a better word. Are there any settings in Notepad++ that I have to enable in order to see the contents of the file in standard characters. Many thanks in advance.

Thank you! Discovered that in the end. Happy editing!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post

One of the biggest things to make it work on unity is to provide new fonts. The old rulesets like whfrp3 uses a mix of ttf fonts, and oft. Unity does not support oft and will cause issues.
    Just remembered I created a TTF equivalent of one of the oft fonts used in this ruleset. - it makes copy/pasting thing into and out of this ruleset more pleasant.

Custom characters are mapped to è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ and includes bonus action items and stance symbols
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Just remembered I created a TTF equivalent of one of the oft fonts used in this ruleset. - it makes copy/pasting thing into and out of this ruleset more pleasant.

Custom characters are mapped to è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ and includes bonus action items and stance symbols
    This is going to be super useful, when i work on a new WFRP3 ruleset...
    I will still finish the genesys and star wars one thouh, but i love WFRP3 and i want to make a new one

Any updates? We’ve progressed into Book 2 of The Enemy Within for 3rd edition (I have also entered some story bits, done groups etc, so if anyone is interested in getting access to these parts, just PM me). Things are running OKish in the old version, but switching to Unity would make it possible for me to get rid of using a Windows emulation on my Mac (and the whirring fans that accompany these kinds of CPU intensive tasks…)

Any further updates? I have a few mac players and they nearly drove themselves mad trying to get it to run last time. Having a working version on Unity would be great...

Hello, I have been playing with the ruleset, but I am having a problem exporting modules.

When I try to export by going to the export pop-up /export I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "classes/utilities/export.lua"]:86: export: Invalid parameters

If anyone knows how to fix, it would be highly appreciated.

Thread Information