DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    There seems to be a problem with the Generic ruleset.
    Having a look at it, it seems that it should have 2 tab items just like the d20 and rulesets. The code is there, it's just that the tabs are not working.

If it were working, then the 1st tab (the only one currently shown) would be for GM only details, and the second one would be where you would put the players description (or descriptions as it has one for at a glance and a second for when it is identified [switch between the two via a check box).

The tabs are blank, but you can make out part of the word 'main' near the top. This should be lined up with the tabs at the side.

unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to work out why its not working.

I thought I saw some funny business on the side there. Unfortunately I really only know how to do the art end, I'm making a Generic theme (that's hopefully not generic) right now. I do understand what you're saying though, it makes a lot of sense that it's there but hiding.

actually I've just worked out whats wrong.

the Author has created a new template within the character sheet called "tab control", unfortunately there was already a tab control file which was used for the items, personalities etc, as they have the same name FG is using the first one it finds, which is the character sheet one.

It just needs to be renamed to something unique. I don't think it is a big job - but its getting late in my time zone, so I will try to have a look at it tomorrow, when I get home from work.

OK so I was going to go to bed, but sometimes I just can't let go...

although this template exists, it does not appear to be in use.

if you go to the Generic Ruleset folder (shortcut to the application data folder should be in the start menu under fantasy grounds - from there rulesets\generic) you will find the charsheet.xml file

if you open it with notepad++, you will see near the top - lines 7 to 15

<template name="tabcontrol">
    <genericcontrol>
    <tab mergerule="resetandadd" />
    <frame>
    <name>tabs</name>
    </frame>
    <script file="scripts/charsheet_tabs.lua" />
    </genericcontrol>
    </template>

put <!-- in front of it and --> behind it to disable it (its safer than deleting in case I am wrong!) notepad++ should change the text colour to green, letting you know that it will be ignored

so that it now reads

<!--<template name="tabcontrol">
    <genericcontrol>
    <tab mergerule="resetandadd" />
    <frame>
    <name>tabs</name>
    </frame>
    <script file="scripts/charsheet_tabs.lua" />
    </genericcontrol>
    </template>-->

then save and restart FG

the previously hidden tabs should now be working. (I hope!)

Thanks man, this is good, I'll alter my own later on... and thanks again to all of those who replied to help me.
    ULTIMATE License GM

IVE BEEN HERE FOREVER!

Traveller, C&C, Cypher System!

AKA: ☆𝟚𝟠𝕞𝕞ℝℙ𝔾☆ Youtube

Wow that was really nice of you, thank you Sorcerer I hope you didn't go to too much work on my account. I'm going to try this now and hope that I don't mess it up too bad lol. Better make a backup copy first.

Update: Eureka! It works! Many ye olde thanks to you-ye, good sir.

Last edited by MeganHunter; April 21st, 2011 at 20:39.

Glad to help, it didn't take too long to track down as I am reasonably familiar with how this piece of the ruleset should work [it has been lifted directly out of the standard d20 ruleset].

I had feared that it would require renaming of all references to this template...but when I couldn't find any references to it, it was relatively simple.

anyway, the backup was a good Idea - that I should have suggested myself.
    I get things wrong more often than right..

Thread Information