STAR TREK 2d20

Deadlands: The Weird West

My progression so far...

Finally have a few moments to tackle this again, thanks to the ice/snow storm hitting the midwest.

If you are interested in the progression of this, I'm trying to keep a blog with screenshots.

Once I get Weird West done, it should be east to port Wasted West.

"Why not just use the Savage Worlds Ruleset?" you may ask. Because I am an old school Deadlands player and I don't like what they did to Deadlands with the Savage Worlds system.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

I may be able to help with the cards piece, if you'd like to share how you got the cards on the table

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    I may be able to help with the cards piece, if you'd like to share how you got the cards on the table
    I've got a card script so far that I plan on implementing once I figure out how to put the cards in their spots.

The cards you see in that screenshot are hard coded icons I used to test the spacing.
    Everybody lies...

I have shuffling, dealing, betting, and discarding. Problem is, it doesn't work across clients. Still trying to figure that out, but I haven't had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    I have shuffling, dealing, betting, and discarding. Problem is, it doesn't work across clients. Still trying to figure that out, but I haven't had the time.
    yea, my idea on that is the actual numbers get crunched on the host, and then distribute them to the client as a "shadow"
    Everybody lies...

the real challenge for me right now is revamping the die roller sequence to make it auto-roll and add "aces"

oh where to begin...
    Everybody lies...

The Savage Worlds ruleset contains a modified dice roller algorithm within the chat_chat.lua script which processes wild dice and acing for the savage system.

Whilst I understand a lot of classic is quite different to the reloaded system, so many of the mechanics have a common base, so I suspect the ruleset code would probably contain quite a few such coding nuggets.

As for card dealing, I've got a wicked card table coming in the reloaded extension. It's DL:reloaded specific in it's mechanics, but again, hopefully some of the underlying ideas are reusable.

Sorry for the brief fly-by answer - head buried in card table coding - will try and assist with more specific questions if you get any, as I'd like to see a classic ruleset someday too !

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    The Savage Worlds ruleset contains a modified dice roller algorithm within the chat_chat.lua script which processes wild dice and acing for the savage system.

Whilst I understand a lot of classic is quite different to the reloaded system, so many of the mechanics have a common base, so I suspect the ruleset code would probably contain quite a few such coding nuggets.

As for card dealing, I've got a wicked card table coming in the reloaded extension. It's DL:reloaded specific in it's mechanics, but again, hopefully some of the underlying ideas are reusable.

Sorry for the brief fly-by answer - head buried in card table coding - will try and assist with more specific questions if you get any, as I'd like to see a classic ruleset someday too !
    I've already wrote this ruleset for a Java based VTT called Klooge, so the base code structure is there.

I've been porting it to LUA now, I've got the die roller script with aces and mods working in it, so its just now building it to work with FG2
    Everybody lies...

Quote Originally Posted by Czarisyn
    I've already wrote this ruleset for a Java based VTT called Klooge, so the base code structure is there.

I've been porting it to LUA now, I've got the die roller script with aces and mods working in it, so its just now building it to work with FG2
    Hi just wondering if you ever managed to get the Classic deadlands stuff working for FG?

I love classic over Reloaded, and want to gm this for some friends in the US.

Thanks

James

I don't know if here is a right place to post errors of the Deadlands: Weird West, but the double barrel has an error in damage, the damage is 3d6 and the damage registered is 1-3d6

Thread Information