DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: iPad App

Can iPad create a Terminal Services link into a Windows box running FG2?
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Logmein Ignition works, using right now to type this.

It works and is just about usable.

Costs £18 for the iPad app.

I suspect RDP might not work as i think directx is not supported.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I do have an rdp client on mine that I use to log into my work computers, I haven't tried on my home with FG & Such.

I just tried it on my DroidX using Teamviewer (as both server and client) and is free to use (both Server and Client versions) in a non-commercial setting. They have Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad versions.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

It worked fine, but was a little slow due to both the the server & the client sharing the same wifi connection.

My setup was
    Server --> wifi --> DSL --> Internet (Teamviewer servers) --> DSL --> wifi --> client

Teamviewer can be setup for a direct IP connection:
    Server --> wifi --> Router --> wifi --> Client

This should improve connection somewhat.

Other VNC or RDP connections should work also (I will try WYSE Pocketcloud next).

----Update ---
    RDP connections (like WYSE above) will not work. DirectX will not initialize. Because Teamviewer is VNC based, this is not a problem.
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; March 7th, 2011 at 21:48.
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Like has been previously mentioned using a VNC client to connect to your home compuer via a tablet works.

Im trying to get my hands on a Asus Transformer. I would love a FGII android ap but to be honest it works with VNC right now and you get the full FGII experience.

I'd love to write up a SWEX version for the iPad, given some basic support framework library from Smiteworks to work on top of.

Ironically though, I can't afford an iPad right now though. So testing might be problematic...

If you had a Mac and installed Xcode, you could test using the built-in emulator. That said, you'd still need to test on a physical device before publishing anything.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by StuartW
    If you had a Mac and installed Xcode, you could test using the built-in emulator. That said, you'd still need to test on a physical device before publishing anything.

Stuart
    I've got the iPad so I can test
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by StuartW

Stuart
    The tough part would be the multi touch part. But they have that slate mouse that should handle that piece of it. But then I guess you have to communicate with other iPads as well....

I'm a windows man ! Suspect the prospect of FGII development for iPad might tip me into saving up for one though. Must be some cheaper iPad 1's in the future, as the bleeding edge crowd chase the new one

All of which misses the point that I can't say I relish the thought of my first foray into iPad development to be building a new client for FGII ! So some sort of initial development platform / low level library would help. Or a group effort to build one ?

Thread Information