Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It happens to be where one of my fav games is played.. Traveller
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane
    I just noticed this, and it's extremely useful. Thank you for supporting the GURPS 4e Fantasy Grounds 2 ruleset!

Edit: I'd add the Awe and Confusion effects from GURPS Powers (p.85), but right now I'd need to study how to modify the already provided setup.
    I wanted a distraction to coding the treasure table... Awe & Confusion table is in (/t ACC) and will be in an update later this week.

Keep the ideas coming, but remember to include book and page numbers
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE

Very nice and useful.

Couple of questions:

the Fright Check Table: the lowest result is a 4 and the highest is a 40. But the roll is only 3d6. What happens if you roll a 3 and how do you get higher than 18 ? ( ok so I'm guessing there are mods to be added to the roll... but why does it start at 4 ?)

Is it possible to call a another table from the first roll ? There are lots of tables results that require you to make a roll on a different table. That would be the ultimate.

In GURPS you roll on the Fright Check Table only if you miss your Fright Check roll. You add (as a modifier) what you missed your Fright Check by (at least 1) to the Fright Check Table roll. For example, if you had a target of 10 but rolled an 11, you missed it by 1 (thereby explaining why the FCF goes from 4 (3d6+1) to 40).

Basic rule book page 360.

As to one table calling another, I am currently writing code to roll on the treasure tables and this update allows one table to roll on another, and another, and another (no limit). So far it is working well and I have about 50% of the treasure tables done.

Here is a sample of what is done so far.

Each line of an item's description represents a roll on a separate table. Each line shows what roll was made "«133»", the treasure type and desc "Elven Rope 3/4", and what page it is on "(pg. 21). At the end of each item it's total weight and value is displayed.

Notice the last item in the list has gems. Their weight and value are tracked separately from the main item.
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; March 12th, 2011 at 19:55.

That is good work with Treasure Tables, SpudmanWP.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Tables

That sounds awesome.

Did you ever release an updated version to the code that shows how to call one table from another?

We have been using these tables very successfully for some time and auto additional table rolling would be great.

Also is there a way to add an option to identify who is rolling on the table?

I have to at the moment when my players roll on the Fright Table in SW (frequently as we are playing Deadlands), I have to check who is rolling. I suspect these tables were more designed for GM use of course so not a problem if too tricky to implement.

Kevin
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information