STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Gurps 4Enhanced beta released

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/i...URPS_4Enhanced

some more features added since the past video was made.
    as before all the attibues for PC sheets and NPC sheets are roll-able from the sheets. NPC attacks and skills are now roll-able
    the combat tracker with the effects extention (comming soon)now allows drag and drop effects.

much more!

in the next few days i'll have the effects addon posted as well.

My group has used this over the past few weeks and we really enjoyed it.

There are several advantages to this EXT.

1. It changes the behavior of the modifier stack to be inline with the way Gurps plays. Instead of the modifier stack changing the roll, the stack changes the target number to roll against, as per Gurps rules.

2. Skills & attributes can be rolled directly from the character sheet.

3. Weapon ToHit & Dmg can be rolled directly from the Chr Sheet. This speeds up combat considerably.

4. Both the Combat Tracker and NPC sheets can be used for combat related rolls using drag & drop. Again, this speeds up combat considerably.

One note on using the Mod Stack. FG2 only comes with 6 mod slots. Most of the time this is not a problem. Sometimes, however, you can run out of slots. Consider a ranged attack using (range, attacker movement, defender movement, weapon accuracy, scope, extra aiming, environmental factors, braced weapon, all-out-attack, defender actions, etc). In this scenario you will quickly run out of slots and you will have to try and see which mods cancel each other out in order to ignore them.

A better solution is to cache the mods in a Hotkey. After you have added the 6th mod into the slot, just drag the modstack into a Hotkey. Then click the Hotkey to add them back. When they go back they will only occupy one slot yet will retain all the text and mod values from before. You can then continue to add modifiers as needed. You can do this as many times as needed.
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Updated:
    cleaned various possible bugs.
    ADDED:
    now the modstack accepts up to 10 slots.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/GURPS_4Enhanced

abug fix was issued today with a patched version of the base ruleset to allow full functionality of the 10 modifiers slots.
    link to the patched gurps ruleset is posted at the bottom of the wiki page.
    this is a temp work around.
    Last edited by saithan; January 22nd, 2011 at 21:01.

Latest update includes installer that will patch exsiting gurps ruleset to support the new 10 slot modstack. the installer backup the old ruleset and restores on uninstall. though the new patched version will run as the vanilla ruleset when the enhanced ext is turned off. but the backup is there in case.

many new features since the last video was posted including new combat mini (No more need to flip between tabs for weapon attacks and defensive moves).

download at

new video demonstrating added features:
    https://www.livestream.com/vttrpgs/v...edium=ui-thumb

hope you all enjoy!

Thumbs up

Hey, I just saw this. Thank you very much for supporting the GURPS ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2!
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Anther great update
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SpudmanWP
    2. Skills & attributes can be rolled directly from the character sheet.

3. Weapon ToHit & Dmg can be rolled directly from the Chr Sheet. This speeds up combat considerably.
    This is nice, I just saw it in the video.

But part of this isn't working for me: I can't drag & drop Skills from the character sheet, nor "weapon to hit" nor "damage rolls"; the same happens with "Personalities" (NPCs).

I wonder if there is need any specific syntax for the script being able to acknowledge the phrases describing skills and damage rolls as "drag & drop ready". Otherwise my mouse pointer just hovers over them without any special effect (the hand isn't appearing).

The skills, damage rolls and such in my character sheet came directly from the GCA to GURPS export program by Spyke.

I would appreciate any help.

P.s.: the graphical skin in the video is nice. I'll be looking around just in case it's available for download.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

it does expect proper syntax (I use the syntaxy from the import from GCA.)
    for npc windows I state the syntax on the wiki page. where i needed to add brackets.

as for the character sheet it too should work out of the box if you are using spykes gca tool.

I am nearly always in the https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/ irc channel. if you are still having problems we will work through them.

as for the theme it is one i made specific for my homebrew game world. I'll toss that over to you as well.

I created a pdf with come samples.

Thread Information