Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition Ruleset

To download the latest version, report a bug, or request a new feature then please click here

This is a ruleset for the 1st edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Contains character sheet, notes, story, images, items, and basic combat tracker. This version includes the following changes:

WFRP v1 Ruleset
    Current Version v2.0.0 - Released 24th September 2012
    * Rewrite entire ruleset to bring it up-to-date with FG v2.9.0

Version : v1.3.0 - Released 23rd January 2012
    * Resolved a number of bugs and issues throughout the ruleset
    * Upgraded the ruleset to full FG v2.8 compatability

Version 1.2.0 - Released 13th June 2011
    * Integrate dice-roller changes made by Oberoten

Version 1.1.0 - Released 26th May 2011
    * Remove dependency on the resolution extensions
    * Add scroller controls to all list controls
    * General code updates and tidy

Version 1.0.0 - Released 12th January 2011
    * Initial Release

Note that from version 1.1. onwards, the ruleset no longer has a dependency on using the resolution extensions. The chat window will now automatically resize to match the desktop size. It is recommended that you remove the extensions from the FG2 extension folder.
    Last edited by neilgfoster; August 2nd, 2013 at 09:58.

Hi all,

I have posted up my version of a ruleset for the 1st edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, I hope someone finds it of use.

As yet, I have not playtested it, so if someone does have a go then let me know how well it worked - comments and feedback always welcome and I'm happy to look at adding additional features.

Note: On its own, the ruleset does not contain a chatwindow. You need to download and enable one of the resolution extensions. I have followed this route as I commonly use my Netbook when travelling, and wanted to make a 'Netbook Friendly' ruleset - this was the best way I could achieve this due the limitations in the current version of FG2

Enjoy!

Now this is very very nice. I have been looking at making a WHFRPG1 ruleset on and off for a few years but it has never been quite so high on the priorities as other rulesets have been.

Now that there IS a ruleset though... I am MORE than pleased to use it.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I've just uploaded this to the FGWiki for access at neilgfoster's request. You can grab it here: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/WHFRPG1
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Cheers guys.

I have used this as an experiment in order to learn FG2 and creating rulesets. Now that its done, I can focus on the main prize - a WFRP 3rd Edition Ruleset! Already got the custom dice working, so watch this space

I were wondering if you'd mind if I added a few things to this set? I'll of course credit you for your work. I was mostly thinking a career-list entry on the character-sheet as a list.

Add a career there and the GM can click to go back and see what careers have been taken before.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Hi Obe,

I have no problem at all if you want to modify the ruleset, although be aware that I have already started a v1.1 which will include some minor graphical tweaks.

It would be good to maintain a single ruleset, so if you want to send me your changes Ill be happy to integrate them with mine, or the alternative is to make your changes an extension. Either way, I'm happy to provide as much assistance as I can - I have a big soft spot for WFRP v1 as it was the game that started me roleplaying.

Out of curiosity, are you just wanting to track a list of previous careers, or additional information about each career the character took such as which advancements they took?

I did consider creating a separate tab to the character sheet called 'careers', displayed as a list with a 'current' tick box allowing the player to select which one was current. Like the spell, skill & inventory lists, this could pop-up a separate window which would contain the career details (entries, exits, and advancement scheme)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster
    Note: On its own, the ruleset does not contain a chatwindow. You need to download and enable one of the resolution extensions. I have followed this route as I commonly use my Netbook when travelling, and wanted to make a 'Netbook Friendly' ruleset - this was the best way I could achieve this due the limitations in the current version of FG2
    That's how you did it. I wondered having tried it myself a while back. I struggled with overriding the chat window. Didn't think to remove it from the base ruleset altogether.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Hi Valarian,

I saw your posts, and hit exactly the same problems. It seems as though the chatwindow is a special beast within FG2 - looks like it gets initialized immediatly when declared, outside of the documented process of loading the ruleset, then extensions, then initializing.

This was the best I could manage for now. Its not perfect, but works, and does allow people to create their own extensions if they want a bigger chatwindow for higher resolutions.

Didn't realize that the chat window was in a seperate extension module. I've updated the entries for the FGWiki and added those two extensions.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Thread Information