DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you for the explaination that was helpful. I'm actually not referring to the 4e parser I'm referring to how the text in the 'other' field on the power is evaluated to create an ability on the power. or are they the samething?

The things to remember is that I wrote the ruleset to automatically parse the power text into attack rolls, damage rolls, heal rolls and effects.

If you drop a power from a module, it will be parsed automatically. If you type in or cut-and-paste the power text, just right click and select the Reset Power Abilities option (or some similarly named option).

The power parsing in the 4E ruleset was designed to work for 95+% of the core rulebook material. The effects section of the manual was written to describe all the effect tags that could be generated (or manually entered).

If you can give us the particular power details that you are confused about, we can get more specific.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah, now I understand. What JPG says is accurate (He wrote the ruleset). Basically, any text that you enter into the "Other" box on a power entry can be recognized by the 4e ruleset. For example, if you cut-and-paste the following text into the "other" box,

Attack: Strength vs. AC; Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Strength modifier.

You can hover your pointer over "Strength vs. AC" and double click, and FGII will roll a d20, adding the PC's strength bonus and compare it to the AC of whatever creature is targeted by the PC. Similarly, it will roll damage if you hover and double click over "1[W] + Strength modifier damage" and it will apply the PC's strength bonus in temporary hit points to the targeted creature if you hover over and double click on "temporary hit points equal to your Strength modifier."

If you cut-and-paste this text into a new power and then right click the name and select "Reset Power Abilities," then the 4e ruleset will search this text and create the relevant attack, damage, and heal entries that appear when you click on the sword on a power.

Thread Information